How to take better pics with your Nexus 4

rohiggidy

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I notice on the nexus device camera you have to hard press and hold the camera button and wait until the dialer lock into place. its a twisting dialer that goes from left to right from 9pm to 12. There is a green light at 12 o clock. You have to let go of the shutter button when the dialer hit 12 o clock. Simply just slightly tapping the camera shutter button cause the screen to get a lil out of focus but it produces a clear shot also.....try it out.

for better color reproduction in day light use -1 in the iso/ white balance

In low light use these settings. Turn on flash....change the iso/white balance to -2. pics should use way less light and get better pics

This is a picture after i manually i adjusted the setting

IMG_20130305_123053.jpg

This is the normal settings

IMG_20130305_123044.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to take better pics with your nexus 4

I have been disappointed in the camera on the N4. I have had some good shots but several that are not in focus. It seems the slightest subject movement will cause the picture to blur.

Thanks for the tip. I will keep trying.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

strider2

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

I notice on the nexus device camera you have to hard press and hold the camera button and wait until the dialer lock into place. its a twisting dialer that goes from left to right from 9pm to 12. There is a green light at 12 o clock. You have to let go of the shutter button when the dialer hit 12 o clock. Simply just slightly tapping the camera shutter button cause the screen to get a lil out of focus but it produces a clear shot also.....try it out.

In low light use these settings. Turn on flash....change the iso/white balance to -2. pics should use way less light and get better pics

Thanks for the Tip

rohiggidy

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

pass it on to others. i want phil or jerry to see it so they can post it on the site after they test it out themself

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I agree with the reduce exposure suggestion for flash pics. That led is so bright it blows the highlights in most pics :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Phone flashes in general can be very harsh and blow out your subject. A couple other tips to improve your low-light photos...

1. Make sure there's enough space between your phone and your subject. Shooting your friends across the table with the flash in a dark restaurant or bar is almost guaranteed blow-out. 6-10 feet is probably good. This goes for point and shoots, too.

2. If someone else has a smartphone with a flashlight app, turn OFF your flash and use the other phone as a side fill light (with the app). Then you won't have to worry about flash blow-out.

pimpdaddywelfare

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

I found this thread to be very helpful and it has improved the quality of my shots...
Thanks for the tips !

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Same here. Thanks again to the OP

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rohiggidy

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Same here. Thanks again to the OP

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I noticed that i get a better color reproduction with -1 in the camera ios/white balance setting....

rohiggidy

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I noticed that i get a better color reproduction in the day light with -1 in the camera ios/white balance setting....

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I really love using the HDR setting, I've gotten some really great shots using that. Though I do wish it would shoot a bit faster.

m Caracappa

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

I Found that by going into camera setting through the camera and changing the picture size to 8M instead of whatever it was originally set at (720) makes a huge difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord