HOW TO: Temp Root for DInc2

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This is for n00bs like myself that had to search around before getting into this and doing it correctly. A lot was copied from the Inc S thread, but felt the instructions were needed here so no need for searching there and crowding their forum with our questions: Temp root for apps required root access (for s-on IS) - xda-developers

Psneuter exploit is working on DInc2, but because /system is locked on s-on phones, we can't copy su and superuser.apk into /system, apps required root access can't work.

The following procedure uses psenuter exploit to gain adb shell root, and then copy su (without privilege control ) and busybox into /sbin (which is on rootfs and in the global PATH list) to gain root access for apps.

The procedure:
1. Install the HTC Sync software or PDANet software to install drivers for your phone to Windows
2. Ensure that the device is in USB Debug mode, go to Settings > Applications > Development and "tick" USB debugging and plug in your phone to your PC
3. Unzip the attached .zip into a directory (like c:\adb)
4. Open a command prompt by going to start > run and running CMD, and cd to the directory where you extracted the .zip (like cd \adb)
5. Type "adb devices" > enter, and ensure that your device has been detected
6. Run the "pushroot.bat" file
7. Type "adb shell /data/local/tmp/getroot" > enter
8. Type "adb shell" > enter
9. You are now in # prompt. Type "/data/local/tmp/pushroot"

You have to redo steps 7, 8, 9 once you reboot your phone.

The procedure will have all apps gaining root access.
!!USE ON YOUR OWN RISK!!

Known working programs: Root explorer, Titanium backup, gscript lite, trasproxy 2.04, ...
Some apps check existence of su in /system/xbin , and reject to proceed if the su binary is not exist (like transproxy 3.08). For this kind of apps, this procedure won't help.

I run Bloat Freezer to rid the VZW apps

Last edited:

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
can i get some help here? i keep getting this response

mount: operation not permitted
cp: can't stat '/sbin/su': permission denied
cp: can't stat '/sbin/busybox': permission denied
unable to chmod /sbin: read only file system
mount: operation not permitted

please help. i'd really love to be able to freeze out all this stupid verizon bloatware. thanks.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
yes wifi tether does work. but i have run into an issue what i am unable to install apps from the market with the root.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
No permanent root yet on this phone? I can say I had issues with my TB Bluetooth not pairing with my Subaru, my previous DInc didn't have issues.

bussy36

May 13, 2011
Visit site
ddddd

This is for n00bs like myself that had to search around before getting into this and doing it correctly. A lot was copied from the Inc S thread, but felt the instructions were needed here so no need for searching there and crowding their forum with our questions: Temp root for apps required root access (for s-on IS) - xda-developers

Psneuter exploit is working on DInc2, but because /system is locked on s-on phones, we can't copy su and superuser.apk into /system, apps required root access can't work.

The following procedure uses psenuter exploit to gain adb shell root, and then copy su (without privilege control ) and busybox into /sbin (which is on rootfs and in the global PATH list) to gain root access for apps.

The procedure:
1. Install the HTC Sync software or PDANet software to install drivers for your phone to Windows
2. Ensure that the device is in USB Debug mode, go to Settings > Applications > Development and "tick" USB debugging and plug in your phone to your PC
3. Unzip the attached .zip into a directory (like c:\adb)
4. Open a command prompt by going to start > run and running CMD, and cd to the directory where you extracted the .zip (like cd \adb)
5. Type "adb devices" > enter, and ensure that your device has been detected
6. Run the "pushroot.bat" file
7. Type "adb shell /data/local/tmp/getroot" > enter
8. Type "adb shell" > enter
9. You are now in # prompt. Type "/data/local/tmp/pushroot"

You have to redo steps 7, 8, 9 once you reboot your phone.

The procedure will have all apps gaining root access.
!!USE ON YOUR OWN RISK!!

Known working programs: Root explorer, Titanium backup, gscript lite, trasproxy 2.04, ...
Some apps check existence of su in /system/xbin , and reject to proceed if the su binary is not exist (like transproxy 3.08). For this kind of apps, this procedure won't help.

I run Bloat Freezer to rid the VZW apps
dddddd

drt777

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
How does one "un-do" this temporary root? I hear some people have problems pairing bluetooth devices and needed to remove the root to restore the BT. How is this done?

drt777

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
After successfully installing the temporary root, I'm able to freeze Verizon's plethora of "bloatware." Is there any way to make that freeze permanent? It only seems to last until a reboot. (Sorry for my ignorance on the subject, but I'd rather ask the regret not having done so).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie