How to use MetaMorph?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to add a theme to my phone and have downloaded it to my computer and installed MetaMorph to my Droid but can't find any directions for the next steps. I have looked in a few other forums with no luck can anyone please point me to the right spot for a dummies guide.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
OK, I'm having a huge problem with this. Everytime I open Metamorph it closes and gives me a message that says it won't open, make sure I have enough free space in /system and that busybox is installed. Well I know I have busybox installed and I'm pretty sure there's enough space. What am I doing wrong. I've searched the webs but maybe I didn't search hard enough???

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
What ROM are you using? I'm using Greek v4 and there is a compatibility issue for me not sure if that's your problem too but I get the same error. I'm thinking of changing my ROM and see if I can't get it to work.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Don't know what ROM I'm using but I'll say this...just rooted my phone and all I did was follow the steps that was posted to get wifi tethering.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you're getting a not enough space error, you can try this in an adb console:

su
ln -s /system/bin/busybox /system/bin/cp

make sure you back your stuff up before, just in case. i'm always a little paranoid editing stuff. :p

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
if you're getting a not enough space error, you can try this in an adb console:

su
ln -s /system/bin/busybox /system/bin/cp

make sure you back your stuff up before, just in case. i'm always a little paranoid editing stuff. :p

And where would one find an adb console??? :p

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just updated droid root helper/busy box thinking the busy box was dated and that all worked but still can't get MetaMorph to work.

If I go into system/bin I see busybox so I know I have busybox.

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the help but its still not working going to try a sholes rom tonight and hopefully it will work then. What a pain in the a$$ but at least i'm learning a ton.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so when I want to download morphed themes, do they have to be compatible with my phone? Because I'm noticing that on the xda-developers forum alot of the themes there were made for the g1/dream. I don't want to download the theme upload it and then find out it doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord