HSPA+ version = quad-core Exynos, LTE version = dual-core S4

Wontfinishlast

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I know I'm reaching here (who cares) but is there any way that the S4 performs better on the GS 3 than on the One X? is that even possible?

There is, depends on if it's the same gpu in both phones and even then screen requirements and software have a ton to do with drag on the CPU. So even tho performance specs would be similar if not identical, the GS3 could feel way faster.

Sorry to interrupt, but Wontfinishlast, did you manually insert the <br /> tags in your quoted post?

No I didn't. I think tapatalk glitched. :/

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm reaching here (who cares) but is there any way that the S4 performs better on the GS 3 than on the One X? is that even possible?

Yes it is. It would come down to efficient software optimization on Sammy's side - something that they did very well with the SII.

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Qualcomm doesn't decide who puts what chip in phones. They'll release the quad-core Krait, and then the manufacturers will decide if they want to use it. There is nothing official about the quad-core being used in phones, but there's also no reason it can't/won't be. Yes, the S4 Pro will be released first, which makes perfect sense since the CPU part is already done and shipping. You're correct, it's the same thing we have now with a more capable GPU.

Even with a die shrink to the Tegra 3 I think it'll still be close performance wise, especially if we're talking about the S4 Pro. And no, I haven't seen any sort of indication of performance of the Tegra 3+ (or whatever they end up calling it), which will have a die shrink and built-in LTE. It should also help with power consumption. It's still going to be A9-based, though, and even if it doesn't put them on top of the S4, it'll put them at least equal to the Exynos 4 Quad (yes, I know, I'm making an assumption on how that chip will perform, but it has some improvements of the current Tegra 3 that should make it faster).

Kevin,

Again, I never said anything about who gets to use the S4 chip. I had simply pointed out to the previous user that claimed the S4 Quad Core Krait will come out for phones 2 months after SGS3, which is honestly impossible since the S4 Pro hasn't even been released yet and reports of the S4 Quad Core Krait is still being integrated with other components to make a list of compatible modems, etc and etc.

Have a nice day.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Kevin,

Again, I never said anything about who gets to use the S4 chip. I had simply pointed out to the previous user that claimed the S4 Quad Core Krait will come out for phones 2 months after SGS3, which is honestly impossible since the S4 Pro hasn't even been released yet and reports of the S4 Quad Core Krait is still being integrated with other components to make a list of compatible modems, etc and etc.

Have a nice day.

I was more saying what I said for general information. Even though I quoted your post, I wasn't directing my comments specifically to you. Sorry i didn't specify that sooner.

Reactions: SlimJ87D

Eaglemaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
There is, depends on if it's the same gpu in both phones and even then screen requirements and software have a ton to do with drag on the CPU. So even tho performance specs would be similar if not identical, the GS3 could feel way faster.

No I didn't. I think tapatalk glitched. :/

One would assume that the GPUs would be the same right? Since the S4 comes with the Adreno 225.

Eaglemaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Whatever the case may be, its become clear that these so-called "Samsung Executives" don't know diddly squat. Either these guys all have different devices or they don't have a clue what's in them. I can hang on to that rope till 5/3/12

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz