HTC 10. Can you set your alarms to ring even if the phone is powered off?? Thanks!

Alex Mos

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't find a option for allowing the alarm to go off, even if the phone is switched off. Hope that the option exists... Thanks!

Alex Mos

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
why would you remove apps (music, photos) and options that were really practical? is this what evolution means in their opinion?
Ok... better camera, better cpu, more ram memory, better screen... that's hardware evolution! That's not the company's merit
My previous phone was an htc one m7... Super pleased with that device
Hope i will get used with the 10.
Thanks anyway!

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I know this may sound stupid, but did you try it already or were you just asking before setting it up? I do remember that working on my BlackBerry too, but I've never actually set an alarm and turned my HTC 10 off to see if it actually works!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As others have said, I do not believe that option exists on Android... But you can always try it out and see! And then let us know! :)

Alex Mos

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately I have tried without wanting to try...
My previous phone was the HTC One (M7), wich could ring an alarm even when it was powered off. So I imagined that the HTC 10 also has the capability (guess not...)
From what I also have read, it's not an HTC matter, but an Android matter. I will have to get used to it...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately I have tried without wanting to try...
My previous phone was the HTC One (M7), wich could ring an alarm even when it was powered off. So I imagined that the HTC 10 also has the capability (guess not...)
From what I also have read, it's not an HTC matter, but an Android matter. I will have to get used to it...

It's too bad that this doesn't work, because I'd love to turn my phone off at night to conserve the battery; and just have it turn on in the morning when my alarm goes off. Hopefully this feature will get added at some point!

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
why would you remove apps (music, photos) and options that were really practical? is this what evolution means in their opinion?
Ok... better camera, better cpu, more ram memory, better screen... that's hardware evolution! That's not the company's merit
My previous phone was an htc one m7... Super pleased with that device
Hope i will get used with the 10.
Thanks anyway!

They did this because it eliminated having some apps that Google already has. So instead of having two apps that do the same thing, you only have one. I believe the HTC gallery and music apps have been discontinued. i dont see them in the Play Store. I do miss HTC's music app. I really did like that. But I've gotten used to Play Music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts