HTC 10 owners: are you tempted by the G6/S8?

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
The 10 is still awesome, and I love the no gimmicks nature of it.

Any of you going to be picking up any of these two new flagships?

I'm waiting to see what the 10's successor will be like first.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC 10 owners: are you temped by the G6/S8?

Absolutely not. The 10 has kept me satisfied and I highly doubt I'll even get the 10 successor. I will stick with HTC until the wheels fall off. My next phone will be an HTC. Probably around Xmas time, I'll look at the HTC Ocean, 11 or U. Whatever you want to call it.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, my 10 is one solid device. No need to "upgrade"(?) Plan on keeping it at least another year. HTC hit a home run with it, no doubt.
Samsung does not do anything for me in any regard. Had them before but probably not again. Their bloatware just rubs me wrong and is over the top. That alone bothers me enough to pass on them.

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

I'll probably be keeping my 10 until early next year as well, barring any significant problems. Every phone seems to have the pros and cons going for them, and this year seems to be no different. LG makes a decent phone, but I prefer Sense over most Android skins and that's especially true for TouchWiz. For these phones' features, I can't really see anything that makes me want to jump on another one asap.

And I assume the primary phones next year should give us even better features to consider once they're out. Hopefully, anyway!

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I may upgrade to the umlocked HTC 10, if its price goes down this year, from my Google Nexus 5. I got my wife an unlocked HTC M9 from HTC.com for $300 in November 2016 and it's an awesome device (the monthly Android security updates are slow/late though)

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I've pre-ordered the S8 and will give it a try and see how I like it. Still loving the 10 but due to lack of info on the HTC 11/U/Ocean I decided to take the plunge. Right now there are some good incentives so if I don't like it I believe I'll be able to sell it with all the VR stuff and break even-ish. Still love the HTC 10 but my new car comes with a wireless charging area so makes sense (at least to me) to get a phone that is compatible and can be charged in the car without the need for wires.

Also, when the HTC 11/U/Ocean does come out I'll check it out and if it ticks all the boxes I might go with that. It's always good to have a decent backup phone just in case.

Sonic Sunglasses

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

Nope. The 10 is still a solid performer and fits my lifestyle nicely. I'm locked in with it for at least another year.

Last edited:

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Phone is great, its the carriers "this works this week update" and "that doesnt work update" stuff that drives me to think about having a fruit instead of candy.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

No interest in changing. I use my H10 for work, and it has not failed me. I will probably hold on for another year, or until there is a real feature or improvement in hardware / software that supports switching.

I absolutely hate the Samsung UI... we have an S5 in the house.

R

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site

No interest in changing. I use my H10 for work, and it has not failed me. I will probably hold on for another year, or until there is a real feature or improvement in hardware / software that supports switching.

I absolutely hate the Samsung UI... we have an S5 in the house.

R

I agree. I don't like Samsung's UI, lag issues and the fact that they're just so feature packed. It's like they're trying to do everything for everyone.

Just boring. Give me understated yet amazing any day.

tim_hobbs

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site

No chance will i change from HTC 10 to Samsung. I always root my phones and Samsung are not root friendly at all. HTC make phones built to last, my m8 is still solid and fast, i can still get 4hrs sot from the battery 2 years later. HTC 10 i get 5 to 5.5 hrs sot and it's solid metal, not a glass sandwich like s8. Can't stand Samsung bloat either whereas HTC is like stock android with enhancements.
Add to this better sound due to better DAC and there is no contest.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Notice how no one even mentions the G6. Hahahaa. Anyways, if I ever do move away from HTC, only reason I'd do that is if they stopped selling smartphones, I'd probably go to Sony or Moto. For me Android is about doing the bare smartphone stuff(texting, calling, browsing and taking pictures) and doing it with the best software experience possible. HTC has always provided that. They've faltered and straight effed up in some areas but, I've always felt at home with what they were trying to accomplish. So until the wheels fall off, if it ain't HTC it ain't for me.

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

nope.. the 10 is still solid after a year. The nougat update makes it seem like a whole new phone. The only problem I would fix is NFC, which has never worked. I can live without that.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site

I like Sony as much as HTC. Both OEMs have thoughtful, lightweight skins and UI and provide superb build quality

Both are also renowned for their audio capabilities (through headphones at least)...

Look forward to seeing how HTC 11 compares with the new XZ Premium. I'm guessing the bezels will be better on the HTC!

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Notice how no one even mentions the G6. Hahahaa. Anyways, if I ever do move away from HTC, only reason I'd do that is if they stopped selling smartphones, I'd probably go to Sony or Moto. For me Android is about doing the bare smartphone stuff(texting, calling, browsing and taking pictures) and doing it with the best software experience possible. HTC has always provided that. They've faltered and straight effed up in some areas but, I've always felt at home with what they were trying to accomplish. So until the wheels fall off, if it ain't HTC it ain't for me.

Actually I was just about to say, I just can't bring myself to use a Samsung because of its UI but if I did switch from the 10 it would be to the G6. I like the taller screen, the wide angle camera, and simple UI.

But as it stands with the nougat update I'm very happy with the 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress