HTC advantage

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I cracked my screen. Thanks to my baby girl. It's all good though.

Is replacing the screen a better choice than to get a refurbished phone??

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Remember, HTC will replace it for free within the 1st six months. I would stick with the original unless it has a flaw you see.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I cracked my screen. Thanks to my baby girl. It's all good though.

Is replacing the screen a better choice than to get a refurbished phone??

Assuming its only a cracked screen, I would take advantage of HTC Advantage program.

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Only the screen got damaged. Everything else is good even under the hood

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I still have my droid DNA and can wait a couple weeks for this one to get back.

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I will report back when I get the phone back.

Just got email for ups 2nd day air to send my phone out.

CL225

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone new to the android forums and was hoping someone could help me out with the HTC Advantage Program for the M8. I recently scratched my screen very badly through a screen protector and have already contacted HTC for replacement device. However I was told that the rest of the device has to be in good condition. My device has been in a case with a screen protector from day one however I have noticed that I have 1 less than an inch small scratch on the back of the device and one in the paint of the Verizon logo. I am assuming that something to stuck in the case as I do take it off a lot to switch my sim card out with my Ipad for Verizon. So I was wondering if the device is still eligible or if they are going to give me a tough time. I do have asurion but again there is a $99.00 Deductible so I would rather try to use the HTC Advantage Program. Like I said I did call and it meets all of the criteria's so now I just have to decide if I should send it to them as I do not want to incur additional fees. And to clarify I will be using the 29.00 service where they send you the phone in advance as this is my only phone so I do need to have it up front. Thanks for you help with this in advance, much appreciated!

CL225

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Here are some pics for reference. Again thanks so much I really appreciate any and all feedback!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    696.6 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd suggest waiting closer to the end of the 6 months if it's just a minor crack. Just in case another drop occurs that would crack it again lol

Posted via the One successor to the One

CL225

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Great thanks I appreciate the feedback, has anyone used the replacement program and had any small nicks on the phone other than the screen? I just want to get it replaced now rather than wait the scratch on the front of the screen which is not shown in the pics is driving me nuts. I just don't want to get charged for the full amount of 599.99 that they hold on the cc and have them tell me that the phone was damaged when I send it in. Thanks again.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Not to side track the initial question. But, I really wonder why HTC would even offer a screen replacement within the first six months?

Do other manufacturers offer that? I didn't think so.
Do HTC themselves know the device is very slippery and thus we, the consumer, need time to get used to it?

Yep, I'm curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis