HTC Desire stuck on automatic Google voice typing, how can I get off of it?

A

AC Question

HELP! HTC Phone is stuck on automatic google voice typing - can't type anything manually. Have tried accessing Settings / Language & Keyboard / Keyboard & Input Methods ... no options given, only listing is " Current keyboard - Automatic Google voice typing" ... this is greyed out and can't be changed

am locked out of a number of things as the voice typing doesn't work in all forums :/

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: phone stuck on automatic google voice typing

Open something that requires typing, if you have on screen buttons at the bottom a T or miniature keyboard will appear in the route with your buttons if not then check your notification pull down for a miniature keyboard. Touch which ever one appears and this is where you actually change the keyboard. I know it seems like you should be able to change it from L&K but nope. I'm pretty sure this will do it if not respond and I have another more in depth thought.

Posted via the Android Central App

ally2014

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site

thx so much for replying
but no, no keyboard option :(

attached screenshots for a look-see

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-12-02-29-12.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-12-02-29-12.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2016-03-12-02-32-30.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-12-02-32-30.png
    61 KB · Views: 4

ally2014

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site

and then this ,,,,, looks like you should be able to turn it to 'off' but it doesn't respond (greyed out)

i did muck around with the phone's app list prior to this but have no idea which one has caused this to happen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-12-02-40-24.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-12-02-40-24.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 4

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Looking at the first screenshot there's no menu option. Would holding the home button open a menu? On an old device I had there was no menu button so you had to hold the home button to get pull down menus. If this doesn't work to give you some options that help my next step would be to install a keyboard from the Play Store. Once installed and opened it should ask if you want to make it your default. Most will step by step you thru setting it, free Swype will if you want one that will definitely do this, once set as your default whatever setting or change that was made should revert. Then allow you to switch back to the keyboard you know and love. My screenshot just shows what I was talking about before.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 17292.jpg
    17292.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 4

ally2014

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
hi there
many thanks but worked it out today ... there's a HTC app that has to run concurrently otherwise the google voice type becomes the only option
no-one can tell me what google app drives this so it stays live but at least i now have my keyboard back - YAY!

foundit

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
The specific app that must run is HTC Sense Input. i started that up (I had disabled it along with other HTC apps) and I now have my keyboard back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech