HTC EVO 4G LTE fully released by Customs

jpmciver

May 24, 2012
Visit site
If you are like me and were one of the unlucky EVO 4G LTE preorders that didn’t receive their phone when it seemed like everyone else did….I have good news for you. Based on a number of (hopefully credible) sources and articles, US Customs completed the review of the remaining EVO 4G LTE phones and all have been cleared (HTC: US Customs review is finished, One X and EVO 4G LTE shipments coming) . Still no release date provided by Sprint (that I have seen – Sprint Community: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement), but I would imagine that most (if not all) preorders should be shipped shortly. Now this is pure speculation and hope at this point, I have been calling my Best Buy store everyday, sending emails to HTC, BBY Corporate and Sprint Corporate, Customer Care, Telesales, etc. to try to get a morsel of information to soothe my anger, frustration, eagerness, excitement, etc. to no avail. As of today, my local BBY store in Milwaukee, WI knows absolutely nothing, the General Manager identified the following:

“I don’t have a ETA yet. Yes, we did get 9 in and we have to go in the order the pre orders were taken. We currently only have 11 pre orders left and it shows they are on order and being shipped to us. Unfortentely I don’t have a direct date, just with the backlog of shipments from the vendor due to the patent. As soon as they come in, your order will be picked and someone will call you and you will receive a email.”

So hopefully with this full customs clearance, us neglected #EVOGATE brethen will soon have the black and red GOLD in our hands shortly soon.

Again this is only hope and speculation…so don’t get to excited until official statements have been released. This is the closest I have to a sprint statement (on their blog) - Sprint Community: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

I don’t really remember how long it took for folks to get their preorders after the first small batch of EVOs were cleared and release (I think it was about two or three days)…but I am hoping I can get my EVO by Friday. I seriously can’t take this waiting game any longer (my HTC Touch Pro 2 is screaming to be let go).

Last edited: