htc evo v 4g....rooting and jellybean help

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Also a follow up question. When I choose reboot button I get 4 buttons "system, power off, recovery and bootloader". Your were right about this from the following I see now. Top of screen it says "No OS installed"....

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I want to start out by telling you Thanks and how much help you've been. But with that said, I made it back to a working phone. I'm not sure where it went, but only had the jb shooter stock rom that was in the newbies guide. The Harmonia wasn't in the boot file, where put it. So try to flash again, or don't press my luck??

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
So if a Glutton for punishment, well according to my ex-wife. I used Goo-manager to flash Harmonia first time. I want to try a different way this time. I put the stock rom in a folder called rom's in the sd card. Place Harmonia there again or where in the sd card should it go to flash it.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Very nice...so you flashed jmz stock? I assume anyways.

The only reason I say flash harmonia, is cause everything works and you can run on different hboots, unlike stock which will bootloop.

So try this.....
Under settings, power, uncheck fastboot (its essentially a hibernate mode)
Now press power button
Click restart
Once it starts shutting down, hold volume down down and keep it pressed until it boots into bootloader ( that SHOULD work)

You should now be at a menu where it shows all your current status
Select bootloader
Select recovery
Make a backup now

You can now reboot system or stay in recovery...if you stay in recovery there should be a toggle for USB storage, that'll let you access your sd through your pc

Now dl harmonia on your pc and put it somewhere on your sd card...I use download folder

Now wipe boot, wipe system, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache

Now install from sd
Find harmonia and flash
Reboot

Once you're there and booted to harmonia we'll get you going to jb if that's still what you want

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
So go with the most current version which was 3.17. I'm also getting this system update again, but won't let me update. Boots into twrp every time!!! I don't see the update any where in twrp to continue. Harmonia talks about all the ota's included. Also see has removed youtube app. Can I go into playstore after flash and get youtube back??

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
So go with the most current version which was 3.17. I'm also getting this system update again, but won't let me update. Boots into twrp every time!!! I don't see the update any where in twrp to continue. Harmonia talks about all the ota's included. Also see has removed youtube app. Can I go into playstore after flash and get youtube back??

that touchcovery 4ext above says for "s-on" when xda-developers link. Still work for me, since am s-off now??

You won't be able to update with a custom recovery

You can add whatever apps you want later

Yes 3.17

The 4ext allows you to flash kernels while s on, you're s off so you can do whatever you want. It works great.

You have a lot to learn yet, but don't be too concerned with updates yet, there is a way for you to get them all, that's the beauty of s off, you can now own your phone

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
So more of a hardware question this time. I figured out once got phone back working, why the whole volume down/power button never worked. My volume down button won't work. Hence why could never get into boot screen. I don't want to spray on the button that would fry the phone. Any suggestions, maybe just needs some lube. Going thru that nightmare yesterday, when the cover was off only used tip of finger nail to push button. I didn't use any tools, knives..etc, that would explain breaking the button.:-!

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Only way to access bootloader now. Use touch screen anyway mostly. Sure this rooting procedure voids your Virgin Mobile warranty from what understand.:-\

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes but you can always revert back

I'm at my kids school, but I'll be around in a couple hours if you want to get jb help

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes but from what I understand is being s off, you can manipulate that as well

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Also wanted to install 4ext as you suggested above for future. Do I need to delete the twrp file folder or no. It boots into recovery twrp 1.1 right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz