HTC One battery problem

John Ruiz1

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Just had my htc one for about a week now but i'm not satisfied with the battery. I keep the 4g mobile data on all the time and do facebook, surfing net, youtube and listening to music. I already disabled auto sync as well as google now. At 100% battery umplugged at 9am, only about 20% left at 3pm and this has all been the same since the day i got this phone. Any help pls?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: htc one battery problem

Hi! Just had my htc one for about a week now but i'm not satisfied with the battery. I keep the 4g mobile data on all the time and do facebook, surfing net, youtube and listening to music. I already disabled auto sync as well as google now. At 100% battery umplugged at 9am, only about 20% left at 3pm and this has all been the same since the day i got this phone. Any help pls?

Get a new phone. Besides turning things off like BT,WiFi, sync, mobile data using WiFi whenever possible and turning down screen brightness there isn't much u can do. Even with all the phones I've had it seems turning things off or down still doesn't help enough.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

cajigas

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

That's was the main reason way i trade my HTC One for the S4, believe me the HTC is great and the design is by far the best, but the battery drain to fast and i did turn off auto sync but didn't help.
Hope you get some help.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Always recommend conditioning your battery for the first 3-4 charges. This means allowing it to run to nearly fully discharged before charging back up to 100%.

After that it's a matter of tweaking the services you use and don't use and going through the standard routine of dimming your screen to a proper level, turning off notifications, etc.

Even so based on what you said all of those features are data hungry resource hogs. I'm not sure you can expect more from a battery than what you are getting now.

As a last resort you could try the power save mode by activating it in the curtain pull down menu.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I keep power saver on, with just the CPU clock checked. It's been about seven hours and I have 40% left. Moderate to heavy use.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm having good battery life. If I plug mine in at night I easily make it to the next night. Depends Alot on screen time.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368562546330.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368562546330.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 114

omegis83

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

Best battery so far after a week of use has been 13 hrs with 5+ hrs screen time. Screen time along with brightness affects the battery a good bit.

I'll add that I'm using Juice Defender Pro, Smart WiFi Toggle, and I turn Power Save on but leave CPU unchecked.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368562583266.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368562583266.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 465

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

I get 3~4 hours of screen time, 4g LTE on, power saver checked, usually games and texting, with about 40 hours total time, and that gets me to 20%. Download GSam and see what is eating your battery, from what I see I'm getting similar results to the S4s, give or take an extra 30 minutes.

John Ruiz1

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I downloaded gsam and fully charged the battery but it only says here that the average battery life is 9hrs and 18mins. Should i return this phone for a replacement? It's t-mobile by the way.

John Ruiz1

May 12, 2013
Visit site

After i wrote my last reply and did a little search in google for about 7 mins, it sucked 7% of the battery already!

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Open the app and look at what is actually using up all that battery. It's totally possible you have a bad device, but you need to know that it's not your doing first. If it's some setting or some app that you downloaded, then swapping out for another phone is just going to give you the same results.

John Ruiz1

May 12, 2013
Visit site

At 10% you could get an average of 3 hrs whereas mine, at 100% i could only get an average of 4-5hrs

John Ruiz1

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Open the app and look at what is actually using up all that battery. It's totally possible you have a bad device, but you need to know that it's not your doing first. If it's some setting or some app that you downloaded, then swapping out for another phone is just going to give you the same results.

Android device, kernel, internet. All less than 15%

John Ruiz1

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm having good battery life. If I plug mine in at night I easily make it to the next night. Depends Alot on screen time.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

At 10% you still have an average of 3 hrs wheras mine at 100%, roughly 4-5hrs average :(

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Download Juice Defender. I used it on every smartphone I've ever owned. Believe me it helps & it's highly customizable. Read what everyone else posted/suggested. If I had to I can get 24 hours out of my phone. Heavier days, i.e. surfing, texting, word games, emails, Facebook & Twitter - usually 9+

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Download Juice Defender. I used it on every smartphone I've ever owned. Believe me it helps & it's highly customizable. Read what everyone else posted/suggested. If I had to I can get 24 hours out of my phone. Heavier days, i.e. surfing, texting, word games, emails, Facebook & Twitter - usually 9+

I've had a different experience with Juice Defender.. I tried the pro version and everything but it didn't seem to help my battery last longer. All it mostly did was cause annoyances by turning data off so my push email didn't work and I had to wait for the data connection to be established after unlocking before I could do anything.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

John Ruiz1

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Finally i decided to swap the phone for a new one. Perhaps it really was the phone itself that was having a problem. Right now, i could get a day with one full charge with the new one

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney