HTC One (M8): Wanna leave Apple but...

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My contract is up in a few weeks and I really want to buy my first Android phone. I went to the store to browse the M8 and the S5 and left determined to get the M8. My problem is I keep reading about build and software issues with both phones.

Is this normal as soon as the phone rolls out, but issues get fixed by the manufacturers quickly? I REALLY want to leave Apple but the issues with the M8 and S5 are concerning me. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkhan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wanna leave Apple but...

Not sure what problems you are talking about? For myself I have not had any issues and I am a huge apple fan, the M8 was a clear winner though for now for me.
I think if you go to forums mostly you see comments or questions about problems from a small percentage and all companies will have various problems even apple forums is full of complaints about certain issues this does not mean everyone has them or they are not easily fixed?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
There have been many threads about iPhone users getting an m8 (or contemplating the s5/m8) and either either end up loving the m8 or deciding on the m8. I am not one of those people but I recommend this phone to anyone. Build quality is fantastic. Software is fantastic. Sure some people get weird bugs or defective hardware, but that's just like any phone that was ever made in the entire universe. The more you contemplate and the more options you give yourself, the less pleased you'll be with your decision.

Jump on the m8 and you'll be happy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
No build or software issues here either.

With any product there will be a risk of a defective unit here & there. These may be the complaints you see. As for the M8, the majority of us have no issues at all.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the M8 is one of if not the smoothest running android phone on the market

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
No problems here.

Although no phone out there is built perfect. There will always be some sort of small (or, read, BIG) issues across devices. But for now my HTC One M8 is living up to it's performance and hardware specifications.

knkcgrant

Banned
Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My contract is up in a few weeks and I really want to buy my first Android phone. I went to the store to browse the M8 and the S5 and left determined to get the M8. My problem is I keep reading about build and software issues with both phones.

Is this normal as soon as the phone rolls out, but issues get fixed by the manufacturers quickly? I REALLY want to leave Apple but the issues with the M8 and S5 are concerning me. Any advice?

Sold my 5s for the M8. Took a day or two to get used to but I freaking love this thing. The gunmetal was a mistake, I am much happier with silver because of the grip. Very happy with my M8, would do it again. Oh I also tried the s5 for a few day's.......not good. I also had the camera error. Thinking that Samsung has a pretty substantial recall in the near future.

Posted via Android Central App

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I switched to the HTC One M8 from an iPhone 5S, and I had Apple devices my whole life. I am a huge Apple fan, but I love my M8. Its quality is at least on par with the iPhone. My device is perfect.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I was speaking of the loose volume rockers, speakers that were popping up and screens that were "uneven". Also, I have Verizon and I was reading about battery issues after the latest update. I know all phones have issues, but these seemed to appear on more than a few phones.

That being said, the phone felt fantastic at the store and it showed no lag at all (the s5 wAS lagging). The number of phones sold is huge and the duds are probably a very small percentage...

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I was speaking of the loose volume rockers, speakers that were popping up and screens that were "uneven". Also, I have Verizon and I was reading about battery issues after the latest update. I know all phones have issues, but these seemed to appear on more than a few phones.

That being said, the phone felt fantastic at the store and it showed no lag at all (the s5 wAS lagging). The number of phones sold is huge and the duds are probably a very small percentage...

I have the Verizon M8. It works extremely well. I do not have a loose volume rocker and my screen is perfect. The phone feels like a tank based on the solid construction.

All phones brands have defective issues on some of their devices. I loved my iPhone 4 when I had it, but I had to have it replaced 3 times under warranty for a defective power button and home button. I understood that it is normal for some phones out of millions made to have a manufacturer defect.

Get the M8 and make sure when you are starting it up at Verizon that you check the volume rocker and stare at the screen. I am certain if there are any issues you can ask for another one to be opened.

This phone is amazing. I highly recommend it.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
My device is also perfect. Of course going to forums, your going to generally hear more negatives because people are just likely to post about issues and see if other people have them then people posting about how everything is 100% fine. BTW mine is 100% fine.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Though Samsung has the best selling phone it has given first time Android users terrible experiences in the past. LAG LAG and more LAG due to the overdone bloated and memory demanding Touchwiz. Go with the M8 you will not regret it. There are no significant build and software issues with the M8 then again, what device has been 100% at release? I don't know what you have been reading but it seems as if you're convinced that there are serious issues with the M8 and I can assure you from my side there aren't any. Get an M8 and you be the judge, if you don't like it return it.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I am going to echo the other people. My M8 is at 100% of awesome and I have had no software issues or hardware issues. I also have the latest Verizon update and have not lost my awesome battery life.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No issues here. I think the M8 is one of the few (maybe only) Android phones that can match the iPhone both from a software and hardware point of view. Go for it!

mmmcheesedanish

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I had my iPhone 4s for 2 1/2 years and never owned a droid outside of a work phone. I went to the M8 and don't regret it at all...in fact I may never go back to an iPhone (iPad is still my fav though). No build or software issues. If you have Verizon be aware they don't yet support power saving mode, extreme power saving mode or 3G only options.

My battery was very questionable in the beginning but I did a reset of the battery logic thanks to HTC support, I downloaded a great app that lets me go 3G only (phones still super fast) and some other minor tweaks and although I'm not a power user I'm typing this message out now at 27% batterylife and it's been discharging for 36 hours.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I had my iPhone 4s for 2 1/2 years and never owned a droid outside of a work phone. I went to the M8 and don't regret it at all...in fact I may never go back to an iPhone (iPad is still my fav though). No build or software issues. If you have Verizon be aware they don't yet support power saving mode, extreme power saving mode or 3G only options.

My battery was very questionable in the beginning but I did a reset of the battery logic thanks to HTC support, I downloaded a great app that lets me go 3G only (phones still super fast) and some other minor tweaks and although I'm not a power user I'm typing this message out now at 27% batterylife and it's been discharging for 36 hours.

What's the purpose for wanting a 3G only option?