HTC One (M8): What is everyone using for cases?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just a bit curious I am seeing all these nice cases come out.Is anyone having any issues using the IR blaster up top since most look to cover it up?

The IR blaster is still in the power button so as long as that is not covered it still works. I just put a Hyperion TPU case on mine and it still works.

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an HTC Flip case (not dot case) today at a verizon store. It has the sleep/wake magnet, is VERY slim and has speaker cutouts. You can type Okay when it's folded to the back, and it works (sort of) as a stand. Folding it back does not put the phone to sleep like I heard some cases do. At home - no case, out and about I'll use this one. It's in most Verizon stores in the US, but Here is a reseller link: Official HTC One M8 Flip Case - Grey :: MobileFun.com

Does it still do the dot view actions even though the cover doesn't have the holes?

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

kingnothing

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I makes me feel better to read this thread and know that I'm not the only who will buy 5 different cases for one phone. They're too damn expensive to not have one.

rynone

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
hi.. is there case cover waterproof,dust for HTC one M8?

w.png

w.png

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow I want that case now! The commuter makes it big but I needed something as soon as I got the phone so I got the commuter at a Verizon store before I went to BB to get our phones yesterday. He will probably get the Defender they had blue and black at Verizon. BB only had Commuter in black I wanted the purple. LOL! But I want that slimmer case. I need a kickstand case too. I usually have 2 cases and I usually have Siedio but Otterbox was out first. I have a 11.95 kickstand one on Amazon in my cart but it won't be available till 4/21.

Anyone see this? Otterbox Symmetry cases: Stylish & Slim HTC One (M8) Case | Symmetry Series by OtterBox Finally something that's a bit smaller than the Commuter.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Cancelled my dot case pre-order this morning for a few reasons.
At ?35 it's seriously expensive!
I've read it interferes with using the phone in one hand, blocks the notification light, doesn't fit car cradles very well and can get in the way when taking photos.
Maybe in a couple of months when shops have stock I can give one a go in the flesh but until then I've ordered a Supcase Unicorn Beetle (awesome name lol) in black/clear.
71V7t4rdzoL._SL1132_.jpg

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That actually looks like a pretty nice case. I usually despise most cases, but I'm actually digging that one. I like the price too, nice find!

When you get it you should post up here and let everyone know how it is, I'm very interested

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I picked up what I'm assuming may be a Verizon exclusive color of the Incipio DualPro Shine series (a really nice metallic red). I've had one main complaint with the DualPro series in the past that Incipio seems to have fixed: the inner TPU lining use to be made of a very soft and flimsy material that would not hold its shape over time and began to warp and look stretched. The new material is much more firm and seems like it won't have that issue. All in all, I like the case. It's also one of the few cases that also keeps the memory card slot available without having to remove the cover. Granted, I'm never going to use a memory card because memory cards are evil for performance, but it's nice to have the option without having to remove the case.

Pictures don't do it justice.

SAM_1413.jpg

SAM_1414.jpg

I also ordered the official Double Dip case. It was my favorite case for the M7 because it offered a nice grip, good protection and wasn't overly bulky or heavy. Additionally, I ordered a gunmetal grey spigen case, but I think I will cancel that order seeing as how it doesn't allow for the infrared in the power button to be used since it blocks the button and I use my phone as a remote for my TV pretty often.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I also ordered the official Double Dip case. It was my favorite case for the M7 because it offered a nice grip, good protection and wasn't overly bulky or heavy. Additionally, I ordered a gunmetal grey spigen case, but I think I will cancel that order seeing as how it doesn't allow for the infrared in the power button to be used since it blocks the button and I use my phone as a remote for my TV pretty often.

I can't comment on that case in particular, but I've seen a couple others that claim that the ir feature will still work, even though it's covered

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't comment on that case in particular, but I've seen a couple others that claim that the ir feature will still work, even though it's covered

I've got a cheapo Caseformers hybrid case for the time being; IR blaster is covered but still works.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I picked up what I'm assuming may be a Verizon exclusive color of the Incipio DualPro Shine series (a really nice metallic red). I've had one main complaint with the DualPro series in the past that Incipio seems to have fixed: the inner TPU lining use to be made of a very soft and flimsy material that would not hold its shape over time and began to warp and look stretched. The new material is much more firm and seems like it won't have that issue. All in all, I like the case. It's also one of the few cases that also keeps the memory card slot available without having to remove the cover. Granted, I'm never going to use a memory card because memory cards are evil for performance, but it's nice to have the option without having to remove the case.

Pictures don't do it justice.

View attachment 111113

View attachment 111114

Where did you order the double dip at?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Urban Armor Gear makes really good cases! I had one on my HTC One m7 and loved it! I just pre-ordered one for my m8! They run about $35.00 shipped on Amazon. They're worth every penny! Not as bulky as an Otterbox, but provides almost equal protection. Not to mention, they're not as ugly as an Otterbox either. UAG cases look so awesome!

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
At the moment using the free one included in the box. Ordered screen protector and clear crystal case. But really want to use it naked. It's so gorgeous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garthS153