HTC One (M8): What is everyone using for cases?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well sob yes it does, I didn't even think about that. Good thing its only temporary.

Sent from my HTC M8
Aww that's annoying. Such a sharp looking case too (showing off a sharp looking phone). Makes the decision between this and the Spigen Slim Armor a bit easier for me (if I even end up getting the phone).

Last edited:

CiderDrinker

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC One: What is everyone using for cases?

I bought an Incipio Feather Case and had it overnight shipped to me.

HTC One M8 feather Ultra-Thin Snap-On Case | Incipio feather | Incipio

It's extremely thin, adds a bit of protection to prevent scratching of the aluminum, and gives it a slight bit rougher feel so it makes the phone less "slick". I used the same case on my M7.

It's nice but, to me, leaves too much of the metal exposed to scratches and damage.

via the tablet

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So you like the Dot View? I saw a black one on the display phone today when I went into Verizon looking for accessories. But than they had the Otterbox Commuter in purple that I liked and I almost bought it. I have always done Seidio since every EVO and I have a reviewed a couple of there cases and a home dock before. Well a couple years ago I needed a case right away and bought an Otterbox Commuter from Sprint in pink then bought my seidio and used both. I really want a kickstand case with this phone though. Last year Sprint gave me an Otterbox Commuter and my husband a defender. Now I like the Otterbox too but the Dot Case looked cool. I wanted to see it in other colors they didn't have it. I don't drop my phone usually but if I was don't know how this would protect the side but I may get it anyway and have a back up one too of a good case.

I just found this one Amazon that I want but won't be available till 4/21. I was searching for the Otterbox Commuter and this came u p on the same page. http://www.amazon.com/GreatShield-L...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3541677

Just got my Dot View in the mail today. Black, i love it.

Last edited:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for the thinnest, clearest case possible just to add some grip wile allowing the brushed metal lines to show through. I don't want a skin, but an actual 1-piece. Recommendations are welcome.

bgstewar

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Otterbox Commuter, and it's...eh. It's very big, bulky, and adds a significant amount of weight to the phone. But it definitely protects it and is very high quality.

My M7 went naked, but this M8 is so slippery that I already dropped it. I saw a video of a guy dropping the phone from waist height on asphalt and the metal got really dinged up and the screen shattered. So even though it's metal, it's delicate and easily scratched so I think a case is essential.

I played around with the Dot View case in the store. Cool idea, but not sure if I want to flip open the cover every time I want to send a message or look at a picture. I don't know...I wish Zagg had a full body skin that didn't take away from the gorgeous screen. I hate covering up this gorgeous phone, but it's so slipperyy

Looks like Best Skins Ever is working on a full body skin. May have to get this when it comes out.
Linky

sb1776

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I've never had a flip cover and usually minimal is my choice. I like the dot cover. It's thin, looks interesting, and is easy to use. Not sure how long I'll stick with it, but so far I like it more than I expected to.

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I've never had a flip cover and usually minimal is my choice. I like the dot cover. It's thin, looks interesting, and is easy to use. Not sure how long I'll stick with it, but so far I like it more than I expected to.

Is it possible to use it to prop up the phone on a table. I don't think it's made for that but I figure it might be able to do it with the cover

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the free one that came with the phone at the mo as well, but it's really sticky - Good for grip but hard to get in out out of my pocket.
I've ordered a grey/black Dot case but 5 days till stock at HTC :(

sb1776

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I'm envisioning what you're asking right, but I don't think it'll work. I just checked, and it sits up a little, but I don't think it'll satisfy what you're looking for.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm going naked like I did with my m7 it it's too sexy to wrap it. Fits perfect in my pocket. I'm extra careful with my phones

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm going naked like I did with my m7 it it's too sexy to wrap it. Fits perfect in my pocket. I'm extra careful with my phones

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I agree it looks too great to cover up only thing im worried about is how scratched up the phone will get with it being metal. Have you had it since last week hows it holding up

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Incipio Dual Pro in black and grey. Looks nice and clean. They had a pretty decent selection at Verizon. The store I was at had the funky one with the holes but I didn't like it very much though it was better than the similar ones from Samsung. At least it stays closed. It sort of springs closed when your done.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson