HTC One turned itself off - won't turn back on again?!! Help!!

Ashley Armadashley

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

OMg Thank you!! The One X Models have so many issues. I thought the sim card issue was bad, the power issue is worse!:mad:

Christine Weeks1

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Thank goodness for this thread! Mine turned back on after I pressed power and volume up for a good bit..but oddly it showed the battery being at 3% when it was fully charged an hour or two before. Is this going to happen again? I have noticed my HTC sense getting slower and needing a long time to load. Would a factory reset help any of that?

Aaron Anderson4

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I have the exact same problem as Harangad Chaudhary .... looks as if I'm going to be talking to HTC for a new mb

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Help Me !!! I just has this problem.... My phone was at about 90% battery and I was charging it. Then I restart the phone... but phone went dead.... no charging light ... was try hit volume up and power button but noting happen.... volume down and power button but nothing happen....
My phone was on 4.2.2 (already factory reset after updated) , not rooted...

amlah6

May 12, 2013
Visit site

This happened to me a couple of months ago a few weeks after I had first gotten the phone, nothing I did would get it to reboot. It came back on by itself a few hours later, but then died again within 30 minutes. Ended up having to get a replacement unit from T-Mobile.

May 19, 2013
Visit site

I try to connect the phone to computer via USB cable and computer (Windows 8) recognized it as "Ports" (Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM5)) . But there is no charging light come up.
Still can't power it back on.

mibfreaky

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Same thing happened to my phone...and no luck with the power/volume button combination. But....believe it or not...I saw a posting in the XDA forums suggesting holding the phone under a bright light while pressing the power and volume up buttons. It worked! Apparently there is a light sensor that prevents random reboots while in your pocket, etc. As crazy as it sounds, the bright light worked for me!

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Try every combinations, bright light, power+volume buttons,.... but no luck..... until this evening, I decided try it one last time before send it back to HTC. After plug it in the charger, red light blink for a few second and then it start to charge.
I believe it drain all the juice then reset itself. Now it's good to go, but I'm quite worry about this bug. Not sure when and where it will happen again.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

Try holding the power button and the volume up at the same time for at least 10sec.

Posted via Android Central App

I had the same issue this morning, and this worked for me. Thaks!

Tim Mills

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I held the power button down and at the same time plugged it back into the power and it came back on and started charging again...

bitanu

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

I had the same issue this morning, and it worked with the power and the volume button and the battery was at 15%. I hope HTC will fix this software bug with an update.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys, ever heard of a custom rom? I've used Samsung and HTC before, and both of them have issues with their stock roms. Until an update can be released to solve this problem, maybe Cyanogenmod is the way to go? Don't want to force you guys on a custom rom or anything, but I think it would solve these issues from occurring again until an update can be released

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Alex Singh

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

I was running cyanogen 10.1 on my HTC One and this happened to me last week. I sent it to HTC to get it fixed and I haven't heard any update from them. Has anyone had experience dealing HTC on this or any other issues? How long should I expect to wait?

Kaitlin Medeiros

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

I tried the power button and volume up button as well and nothing happened either. What fixed your phone?

brixx30

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

Oh my life, thank you...had my one x for a year and its never done this before but you just saved it :)

hgsg

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

I also got same problem facing a dead HTC One!!
Doing any trick in this forum or HTC Support did nothing, Then I tried the trick suggested by PMmibfreaky keeping phone's light sensor under sunlight while holding Power+VolumeUp for 2minutes and then connected phone to wall charger for a second, The charge light started blinking then I disconnected the charger and pushed power button to turn on the phone, and IT WORKED!!!

But sadly it did last only for 2-3 hours and after that phone went dead again and no matter what I did it never came back ON again!! Now I'm just waiting for phone's battery to be drained fully (If it really does so having a 2300mah battery!!!) and I try to connect it again to charger and see if the charge light blinks again or not, So I try to get a backup of all my ZOE movies before sending it to HTC warranty service

PS: I suspect the built quality of cover over Sensors & Front Camera (Upper part of phone) which doesn't isolate these parts from outside dust and particles! I notice dust which has penetrated beneath this cover and above front camera!! Has anyone noticed such thing?

sadiqe

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

dear friend

i am a technician i have htc onex its not come to on even not charging light blink pls help me solution to fix this

thanks with regard
sadiqe ksa

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello