HTC One vs Nexus 5

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The big knock on Nexus phones is how cheaply there finished, the photo leaks on the Nexus 5 looks like a very cheap built quality vs HTC One higher built quality and great looks. I might still buy a Nexus 5 at $450 cause that's pretty cheap for a phone with those specs.

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
The big knock on Nexus phones is how cheaply there finished, the photo leaks on the Nexus 5 looks like a very cheap built quality vs HTC One higher built quality and great looks. I might still buy a Nexus 5 at $450 cause that's pretty cheap for a phone with those specs.

The Nexus 4 had solid build quality and build materials.

Posted via Android Central App

The_Eclectic1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
While I remember all of these issues at first I think they are still very minor. HTC did a GREAT job with the One IMO. I have only had ONE HTC One and it was fine. Granted that is my experience alone and it does not speak for everyone. So at the end of the day as an HTC One customer I'm very happy with my phone and choice to give them my money! Just in the future I will be on the Nexus band wagon instead. Fits my needs and its cheaper. Thats it! I hope HTC makes a Nexus device in the same ball park price range. I love their hardware.

Don't get me wrong. Although I complain about the gap issues and purple camera issues I still love my One. I'm glad you had a flawless experience with the One. I concur that HTC did a great job with the One. I've owned ten HTC phones in the past four years and their hardware has always been top-notch. My only complaint was their weak battery life, till now. The One lasts me a day so I'm a happy camper there.

The Nexus 5 seems to be a solid choice although recent rumours have stated pricing at $399 & $449 range, more than last year's price range. I hope HTC gets to do another Nexus. I had the Nexus One and it's one of my all time fave phones.

I was thinking to get a One Max. But I'm disappointed at the overall package. S600@1.7GHz? Not even S600@1.9GHz like in the Butterfly S! No OIS camera? And worse of all, indications are pricing would be similar or higher than Note 3. Doesn't make any sense. WTF HTC! What are you thinking? This will be DOA. I think I will just upgrade my 32Gb One to 64Gb. The N5 looks tempting too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Pro

zorrowaz

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm a mobile phone seller I usr and keep all the phones but not too bothered about any upgrade cos the one is a bread winner for me......

Posted via Android Central App