HTC One X Battery Life

kellerloser

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are first time android users and we're a little stumped with her new HTC One X. It seems to be opening up apps on its own and killing the battery life. We'll go into the task manager and close everything that is open. We'll lock it and leave it alone for a few minutes then come back and find things running that we never touched like Facebook and Music. Needless to say this needs to stop.

Does anyone have any insight on why this is happening or how we can stop it???

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
This is because these apps are set to run in the background the moment you install them. You could disable notifications to save battery life.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are first time android users and we're a little stumped with her new HTC One X. It seems to be opening up apps on its own and killing the battery life. We'll go into the task manager and close everything that is open. We'll lock it and leave it alone for a few minutes then come back and find things running that we never touched like Facebook and Music. Needless to say this needs to stop.

Stop messing around with killing apps.

Look, the first thing you said was that you were first time android users. So why would you take it upon yourself to start micro managing the operating system and killing tasks that the system starts?

Leave it alone.

Turn your auto brightness on, because screen takes more power than anything else.
Run the battery down till the phone shuts off, charge it overnight. Then use wifi when you can.

But you aren't conserving any battery by killing tasks that just have to be restarted. Just because a task is in memory doesn't mean it's draining your battery.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
What he said :)

Android is design to run this way. The OS will manage it for you.

The One X screen drains so much, so lower the brightness.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

@icebike is right, Android is designed to handle it's own tasks. Killing tasks just makes the phone slower and ultimately uses up more battery. And, like he said, when a task is "started" doesn't always mean it's actually "running", it could just be "cached".

Give these articles a read:

Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them

Fresh Rom – CDMA Android Development ? FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android