HTC One X Bluetooth Connectivity issues confirmed

srm53

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
is there a fix for this yet... Mine will not connect to car bluetooth; it used to, but latest patch from Android seems to have killed it off

kapnah1

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem when i connect to my HTC One X (Android 4.0.4) bluetooth to my bluetooth connector in a VW Polo. It stays about 30 sec connected and then i lost the connection. I must put the pincode to connect the simcard. I have tested the connection with a LG P970 android 2.0.3 and thats works fine.

tony1ant

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I am also having numerous bluetooth issues , dropping connection etc, with my HOX. Also since the last firmware update on 3, My car App-dock wont come up automatically any more when I connect via Bluetooth. I dont wanna try a hard reset, its taken me ages 2 get it how I want, then only 2 find BT probs still there. If HTC don't wise up and sort their issues they will lose a customer of 8 yrs.
Does anyone have a fix for the BT issues or the Car App issue? thx in advance

aqualux

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have in Ukraine same problems of HTC One x and BMW 5
or doesn't couple or doesn't connect automatically.
that though както сонектить I disconnect contacts and I erase SMS
I think that any fix for Bluetooth is necessary

agenda88

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm located in Paris France, and was having the exact same car issues with my HTC One V.
--> the phone was pairing fine
--> media playing was working great on the car stereo
--> I was unable to hear a phone conversation through the car speakers

I tried to pair, at home, my HTC One V with a Samsung bluetooth (WEP 250) headset --> I was having the exact same issues --> once the conversation starts, nothing goes through the headphone

It looks like HTC juste issued (at least on its Europe site) a 4.0.4 Android Release :
HTC One X Aide produit
I tried it.. and it works fine !!! :cool: :cool:

While looking around, I found on the US site, a "HTC Car mic firmware update". With a lenghy procedure. Havn't tried it though.
HTC One V Product Support

Cheers !

Jklsr55

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a Jawbone Era. I can connect and even make calls. But when I try and hang up my phone freezes and the crashes, reboots??? Very annoying. Any fix for this yet??

The Angry Toaster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Confirming the same problem: Use a HTC One X, syncs fine with 2011 Volvo C70, and BT worked with no issues for about 1 month, cut out during a phone call and now calls, mutes radio, but produces no sound from the calling end and the receiver confirms getting the call, but cannot hear anything. Car syncs and calls with no issues for iPhone 4S. Are there any confirmed repairs as of yet that do not affect the integrity of the other programs (I have my calender synced with my email and require it for business, so I am reluctant to download the Android update if it will interfere with the calendar).
Thanks!

Brian Mosgaard

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a big problems with my HTC One X, its bluetooth does not work, it can not extend 50 centimeters if a hand / shoulder / head, is between the phone and bluetooth device. And no one (HTC/ 3mobile) will solve the problem, the phone has been on the workshop 4 times and has been replaced 2 times and still does not work.
Does anyone have a solution to the problem, or does the phone just not work?
Sincerely, Brian Mosgaard Denmark

Van Andrew

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Squeezing the phone as it face's you via the upper right corner worked for me. Apparently there is a connection that comes loose and you can't open the phone to make a permanent fix. I've been with AT&T for years, and never asked for another phone, and so far they haven't budged when I asked for a different phone. The phone is great except for this problem... Let me know if this works for you too... Look at this video...
Connection, Wifi and Bluetooth problems on HTC One X - SOLVED (not opening the phone) - YouTube

Cuser

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
An interesting post, and I was quite pleased at first. However, if you let the wifi analyzer run (and look at the time graph option) you will notice that the graph appears to have a mind of its own (regardless of the pressure placed).

Additionally, sometimes the wifi signal drops when I apply pressure, or doesn't change at all.. Hopefully this solution works for some users but it doesn't appear to be the fix I was hoping for. Thank you for the attempt.

EssexKiwi

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue connecting my HTC One X to the BT audio in my Ford S-Max. It connects and may work for a few mins in a call bu then the audio and mic drop in and out. My wife's HTC Desire S works absolutely fine though.

I also use BT to connect to my ThinkPad and it maintains the audio just fine for calls and music. It was working fine until I upgraded laptop to Windows 8 and now although I can connect and pair it doesn't allow me to actually do anything with the connection.

Both Laptop and phone are fully patched and updated.

Any suggestions?

kaizenlpi

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue connecting my HTC One X to the BT audio in my Ford S-Max. It connects and may work for a few mins in a call bu then the audio and mic drop in and out. My wife's HTC Desire S works absolutely fine though.

I also use BT to connect to my ThinkPad and it maintains the audio just fine for calls and music. It was working fine until I upgraded laptop to Windows 8 and now although I can connect and pair it doesn't allow me to actually do anything with the connection.

Both Laptop and phone are fully patched and updated.

Any suggestions?

I am experiencing the persistent blue tooth disconnect and reconnect issue as well. I watched the above video and tape a quarter inside my rubber and hard plastic case. I have a Toyota Camry 2012 SE; I'll let everyone know if this helps me with this issue. I don't have any issues with WIFI disconnecting and reconnecting. If this workaround doesn't resolve the issue, I"m looking at Samsung Galaxy S3 refurbs with AT&T for $30.

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Try turning off Android Beam if you have it enabled. I believe it was interfering with the BT on my Galaxy Nexus. I turned it off and I haven't had a single BT related problem since.

MarcDill1

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!! Finally, thay have admitted it! My bluetooth connection issues have been driving me mad! All the other phones connected fine, I then spend ?500 approx on a new HTC One X, and love the phone apart from battery life, and this bluetooth issue, and then it is never consistent in it's connection to my fairly new bluetooth car stereo. The first HTC One X was returned to Phones 4 U, they replaced it with a Sony phone, which connected with no problems, but i couldn't read the print on the screen of the phone on many apps etc as too small, then I got another HTC One X and believed maybe the first one was a dud, and lo and behold, the same bluetooth connection problems. It connects then disconnects, the phone connects and the music doesn't connect or vice versa, it's been driving me insane! If people are able to get miss-sold PPI back, then shouldn't we be able to legally get our money back even after 18 months from HTC or whatever phone shop we bought it from, well I'm still paying a fortune each month as the contract is over 24 months! COME ON PEOPLE, lets do something about this, we shouldn't have to sit back and take this crap!!!!

Mira12345

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Bought my phone last month and since day1 the Bluetooth does not work. Service center is not able to fix it, they refuse to replace or refund and keep expecting me to leave the phone with them for repair. I've left it with them twice already and they have returned it without fixing.

CAM989

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
i've owned the HTC for a month now and found every time i restore to factory settings the bluetooth works for a day. not long i must admit but i believe its to do with the automatic updates so will attempt to disabling the automatic updates and seeing if this works the weekend.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz