HTC Rezound: Want to return to stock but having severe issues...

Phillip Declet

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I have an HTC Rezound which i rooted and flashed a jellybean rom so it could run faster. I got a new droid dna and want to return this to stock to make some mula. I flashed a rom and had to use fastboot to flash the boot.img. When i went to relock the bootloader using "fastboot oem lock" command, It didnt work. (This command is key to runnning an RUU) I hit "ADB devices" and "Fastboot devices" and they both came up blank while in hboot. here are some specs.
S-ON
Hboot - 2.28.0000
Radio - 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r
OpenDSP - v14.6.0.7708.00.0507
eMMC - boot
Sep 20 2012, 17:40:22

I have tried flashing a stock rom but i cant flash the boot.img. If there is a way to flash the boot.img so the rom would boot up or if there is a way to fastboot oem lock it. Please tell me. :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Want to return to stock but having severe issues...

First off, you are S-ON and have the latest radios and bootloader already, DO NOT RELOCK AND RUN AN RUU!!! There is no RUU for this software level and because you are S-ON you cannot run a lower version RUU, so when S-On there is no "going back to stock" when you are on that version of firmware... so here are you possible solutions after you get Fastboot working, do not try to do anything further until you get fastboot/adb working. Remember that the Rezound is not supported for fastboot/adb under Windows 8/8.1, you must use Win 7 or lower.

Option 1) Restore the Nandroid you did of the stock ROM before you rooted, then do a factory default, reboot and fastboot flash the boot.img from the Nandroid

Option 2) Flash a "near stock" ROM, like this one or something similar, there are lots in this forum that are nearly stock, then flash the boot.img manually.

Option 3) S-Off with Rumrunner or Juopuntubear, then run an RUU

All of these options require working fastboot!!! So if you can't get it to work under Windows, try Linux live CD.

Phillip Declet

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Want to return to stock but having severe issues...

I would like to do option number 2 but i cant get fastboot working on windows 7 either :/ ill figure something out...

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya