HTC Thunderbolt 2?

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
You didn't edit this one either. This just sounds like another "bash the Bolt" from a user that clearly has self induced problems using the phone. I am becoming more and more convinced that users having trouble with the TBolt either simply don't know how to use it properly, have screwed up their settings beyond belief and refuse or don't know how to reset and start over or are techies/hobbyists that push every device well beyond the scope of its intended function and will never be totally happy with any phone (if they were they would be miserable).

Why have I never had a random reboot and believe me i am paranoid enough to check my awake time and running apps several times a day, get 15-18 hours of battery with normal use in a 4G market, and my GPS locks in less than 10 seconds every time since the OTA. This is a great device, call me a fanboy if you like but I am a very happy camper.

Agreed + 1 from a very happy bolt owner

Sent from the hand of ZEUS!

Alma

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I like my Thunderbolt a lot! I had intended to return it because of the battery problems, but now I just turn off mobile when I am not using it and unchecked auto updates/syncing and it usually gets through the day, sometimes needs a recharge before I leave work. My only major complaint is frequent dropped calls. It really is like having a pocket-sized computer and you could not take it from me now! :)

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry TL:DR all the posts. Thunderbolt 2 not necessary. Minor updates from HTC and Big Red (seeing as how they have some software control and OWN the frigging LTE network) should max out the capabilities of this device which, I'll admit here, is NOT the newest HTC hardware to be had but it certainly has some serious room for improvement on the software/network side before I'll write it off as obsolete.

Thinking hardware and OS changes will make everything better is something I deal with every day as an IT Admin for a Fortune 100 company. The fact that the USERS haven't got a clue how to USE these updates doesn't seem to bother them nor does the fact that we haven't wrung the maximum performance out of what we already have in place.

I like my TBolt ... how 'bout you?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You didn't edit this one either. This just sounds like another "bash the Bolt" from a user that clearly has self induced problems using the phone. I am becoming more and more convinced that users having trouble with the TBolt either simply don't know how to use it properly, have screwed up their settings beyond belief and refuse or don't know how to reset and start over or are techies/hobbyists that push every device well beyond the scope of its intended function and will never be totally happy with any phone (if they were they would be miserable).

Why have I never had a random reboot and believe me i am paranoid enough to check my awake time and running apps several times a day, get 15-18 hours of battery with normal use in a 4G market, and my GPS locks in less than 10 seconds every time since the OTA. This is a great device, call me a fanboy if you like but I am a very happy camper.

I never said I dislike the device actually I have stated I like the device. :confused:

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It will feel like nothing because their won't be one is the general consensus.

I have my doubts too, the EVO body has been used and re-used to death. If HTC were smart, their next generation smart phone's BEST feature will be a stock battery that lasts for 8 hours of heavy use.....talk about a DREAM phone!

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have my doubts too, the EVO body has been used and re-used to death. If HTC were smart, their next generation smart phone's BEST feature will be a stock battery that lasts for 8 hours of heavy use.....talk about a DREAM phone!

Don't forget change is design and finish. They do no people would love to have a sold black or white phone right? Their mismatch in gray contrast color schemes are getting old. Furthermore the old choice of black with red accents are little much. One last thing the god awful bronze or copper tin color design as well.

P.S HTC make your phone little lighter and thinner please. If you can also throw in some solid colors you definitely would be on the right track.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I... don't think there will be a "Thunderbolt 2", for the sheer fact that HTC typically doesn't make many "_____ 2" branded phones. The Incredible 2 (and I guess the Evo, if you want to count the Evo 3D and Evo Shift, though they're not actually numbered) is the only one that I know of. Any other time they put out a new phone, they just give it a new name. I'm sure they'll probably make other 4G phones for Verizon, but they'll be called something else.
Add the Touch Pro2 to your already lengthy list of "2's" and your first sentence is proved wrong :)

Personally, I think the odds on seeing a TB2 are higher than average. You can't beat the name recognition of the first 4G phone. Just like the Moto Droid and the HTC Touch Pro.

-Frank

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Add the Touch Pro2 to your already lengthy list of "2's" and your first sentence is proved wrong :)

Personally, I think the odds on seeing a TB2 are higher than average. You can't beat the name recognition of the first 4G phone. Just like the Moto Droid and the HTC Touch Pro.

-Frank

If you consider all of HTC handset devices then you are right and do make lot of sequels. When speaking about HTC android only handsets then out 14 handsets you have two. Then Incredible 1/2 and G1/G2 are the only two you have. IMO I don't consider My Touch 3G/4G and the Evo line up count. The EVO is brand name like droid and the My Touch is difference between Iphone 3g and 3g s. By these

The HTC Thunderbolt has not pulled in numbers like Incredible did when it first came out. Plus it did not set a president as first android device like the G1 did. Yes, the HTC Thunderbolt is the first LTE devices but the masses just see it as another 4G device and don't care about the details.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget change is design and finish. They do no people would love to have a sold black or white phone right? Their mismatch in gray contrast color schemes are getting old. Furthermore the old choice of black with red accents are little much. One last thing the god awful bronze or copper tin color design as well.

P.S HTC make your phone little lighter and thinner please. If you can also throw in some solid colors you definitely would be on the right track.

THINNER?!! Are you kidding me?! Do you want a phone that only lasts 5 minutes?!!

Until the battery tech catchs up with the phone specs, they need to be THICK enough to hold a battery that can last LONGER!!!

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm torn between the Thunderbolt, Charge, and the Revolution. I really like the feal of the Charge and Revolution, but HTC Sense is amazing. If the Thunderbolt's battery life was good than I would get that. Just wondering but do you think it's a device to device thing when it comes to battery life? Or is it really a problem?
Thanks.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm torn between the Thunderbolt, Charge, and the Revolution. I really like the feal of the Charge and Revolution, but HTC Sense is amazing. If the Thunderbolt's battery life was good than I would get that. Just wondering but do you think it's a device to device thing when it comes to battery life? Or is it really a problem?
Thanks.

It's mostly device to device but I say "mostly" because 4G does contribute in drain of battery life. Will Samsung, and LG come out better battery life then Thunderbolt? You will have to wait and see those with HTC devices paired with Sense tend be worse with battery life on top of 4G.

Those the battery life in Thunderbolt is acceptable and may improve with promise updates. Then gingerbread may help Thunderbolt as well then again a sense overlay may cancel that out. Again just wait in see by the time the LG Revolution or Bionic come out the Thunderbolt should be a solid device.

Reactions: saillling4life

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
As I do agree a bit with "NotJustAPhone" I would debate that we should have to deal with the rough patches. After the delay with this phone and how long LTE has been out, it has been some time now, this **** should have been taken care of before it was released. It's almost like they released a "beta" product out to us with a 250 dollar price tag. The ONLY reason I got this phone was to be grandfathered into the 4G plan so I don't have to pay extra later on. Do I think there will be a TB2? Nope, but there will be a ton of other phones in the new future that can handle LTE, hopefully better.

How long do you think LTE has been out? lol

It's been talked about forever BUT VZW just turned the switches on in December. This is May. That's 6 months and is nothing for a new technology like this. This isn't EVDO-A or HSPA+ (enhancements of EVDO-O and HSPA) but a totally new technology like WiMax. Sprint had their bumps last year too but Verizon's network is a lot bigger and they are being more aggressive about their expansion. Bumps are to be expected.

The Thunderbolt is a super popular phone (competing with or outselling iPhone 4 in Verizon stores) and it is a foregone conclusion that there will be a Thunderbolt 2 just as we have Droid 2, DInc 2, and DX2.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
We might not get grandfather in there in no guarantee I don't think. Yes I know we have contract but Verizon could change the data plans and get away with allowing us to get out of our contract. T-Mobile did that all time those grant it was for minor billing changes. So I not so set that we will be grandfathered in until the time comes.

That's very unlikely they will do that. I have a MiFi which is still grand-parented in on an old truly unlimited 3G data plan and I have had 2 data cards and now the MiFi and they have never pushed me to upgrade.

In all likelihood they will allow you to keep your unlimited 4G data as long as you keep the Thunderbolt or another 4G phone and never remove the unlimited data plan from the line until 5G at which point they will say it is incompatible. Right now I can upgrade to another 3G MiFi or data card but if I want the new one that has 4G then I will loose the unlimited plan.

IF... and I say *IF* Verizon decides to try to get people off the legacy unlimited data plans they will just make new phones incomparable with the unlimited 4G data plan much as they did when they forced all of us off the old America's Choice plans into the newer Nation Wide plans when we upgraded a couple years ago. It's very very unlikely they will actually change the terms of the existing contract.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
So we're like the LTE early-adopters test group. I saw somewhere else that they were ramping up to make the Bionic the LTE Flagship. Verizon is still in bed with Moto.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt is a super popular phone (competing with or outselling iPhone 4 in Verizon stores) and it is a foregone conclusion that there will be a Thunderbolt 2 just as we have Droid 2, DInc 2, and DX2.

The verizon Iphone did not do great at all for verizon well not as expected. The iphone wasn't a flop but was not a hit as well. The numbers Iphone made were profitable but not spectacular and for Thunderbolt to out sell Iphone is great. However it's not some anyone should posted about as the Iphone wasn't hit nor is the Thunderbolt. Neither phone was a flop but neither one was a hit either.

The HTC Thunderbolt is know device to techies and popular with that group. On other hand to the masses the Thunderbolt is not a popular device. Android keeps getting better and better but their is only few that have been really popular on large scale.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The verizon Iphone did not do great at all for verizon well not as expected. The iphone wasn't a flop but was not a hit as well. The numbers Iphone made were profitable but not spectacular and for Thunderbolt to out sell Iphone is great. However it's not some anyone should posted about as the Iphone wasn't hit nor is the Thunderbolt. Neither phone was a flop but neither one was a hit either.

The HTC Thunderbolt is know device to techies and popular with that group. On other hand to the masses the Thunderbolt is not a popular device. Android keeps getting better and better but their is only few that have been really popular on large scale.

I don't know where you are getting your information but you clearly do not have a clue! 400,00 plus TB units and counting in a market that is releasing new phones daily is a success. Android is now the number one selling OS in the United States and that means mass appeal. What you read on this board has nothing to do with reality and the average consumer.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

Respectfully I gotta disagree. I see TBolts in the wild all the time. The TBolt is very popular with the masses. I see more TBolts now than I did the Droid X or DInc about this long after launch last year. Yes both phones were plagued with supply issues for a while but were initially very popular. I work somewhere that sells phone accessories and I see customer's cel phones all the time when they come to me asking for a case or a charger for the new phone they just got or they are talking on them. It's not Droid/Droid 2 popular but it is definitely more popular than say the Fascinate and a few others.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak