Htc u11 encryption

Martinlwilson

Jan 26, 2023
Visit site
Help, phone battery died, when started back up got encryption page, no worries put in code, phone went black, HTC logo and back to phone is encrypted enter code, entered code again same thing, know am entering correct code as always says have 30 tries, if enter wrong code goes to 29 tries,. Why won't phone turn on after put code in ????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you have a screen protector on, try taking it off and making sure the screen is completely clean, in case your touches are being inaccurately registered.

I know this advice is far too late, but for future situations, one should never rely on a mobile device to be the sole storage location of important data, since you never know when it might fail, get lost, or get stolen. Always keep important data backed up or synced somewhere on a regular basis -- take advantage of Google Drive, Google Contacts, Google Photos, etc.

curlys

Feb 12, 2024
Visit site
Help, phone battery died, when started back up got encryption page, no worries put in code, phone went black, HTC logo and back to phone is encrypted enter code, entered code again same thing, know am entering correct code as always says have 30 tries, if enter wrong code goes to 29 tries,. Why won't phone turn on after put code in ????
I didn't really encrypt my phone ever, I only had a simple pattern lock before I reset to the recovery ROM, this looks the phone is encrypted?
make it clear:
after reset the ROM with recovery mode, the u11 can go through the encrypting screen, then it will loop and stuck in the setup screen
1707727349629.png

IT does not allow to go ahead with wifi mode, also there is a lock sign on left top corner. why it is there and which password to put .. to open lock. ..and do setting

curlys

Feb 12, 2024
Visit site
Three days back i lost all mobile signal , i try to restart the phone, as soon as i restart the phone it asked me a decyrpted password as usual i use to give gave pass password .. same screen keep repeating .. after 3 days i made hard reset but it does not work ..also there is lock sign on top left corner. it does not move ahead and allow to access the internet wifi..

1707728199878.png

curlys

Feb 12, 2024
Visit site
It may be that the phone has a hardware fault.
it happen in my both the HTC U 11 phone. and same thing happen to many HTC user .. i read about same problem in a blog.. and forum.
now i cannot access any wi fi and network to upgrade or update the software.

and i never made my phone encrypted mode. how come it is encrypted when i did Hard reset . /factory restart.

also why i get a lock sign icon on left top side of the screen ?

curlys

Feb 12, 2024
Visit site
seems there is some virus or something ..this many people got same problem .. i got same problem in my two phone.. i did hard reset still i cannot go head from language and wifi page and i can see a Lock icon on left top corner and NFC icon on right top corner..

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Three days back i lost all mobile signal , i try to restart the phone, as soon as i restart the phone it asked me a decyrpted password as usual i use to give gave pass password .. same screen keep repeating .. after 3 days i made hard reset but it does not work ..also there is lock sign on top left corner. it does not move ahead and allow to access the internet wifi..

View attachment 359881
If you choose the back arrow from that page where does it take you?