htc u11 vs S8 Plus?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So, I was looking at an S8+ today in a store, and I have to say: I don't like the 18:9 aspect ratio. The phone just looks way too long to me.

I now some people think the U11 looks dated because the bezels are larger and the aspect ratio is 16:9, but I think I actually prefer it for that reason alone. Probably makes me an outlier...

I agree, I really don't like this 18:9 aspect ratio that manufacturers are leaning towards, the skinny tall phones just look strange and feel awkward to hold. Looks like LG is also caving in to that trend on their phones also. I'm hanging on to my V20 I really like the U11 but definitely have to wait till the prices start to drop. HTC phones always seem overpriced.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I really don't like this 18:9 aspect ratio that manufacturers are leaning towards, the skinny tall phones just look strange and feel awkward to hold. Looks like LG is also caving in to that trend on their phones also. I'm hanging on to my V20 I really like the U11 but definitely have to wait till the prices start to drop. HTC phones always seem overpriced.
The u11 was the cheapest of the 3 latest phones (s8, g6, u11) and the lg was the first one to do the 18:9 screen... I'm just waiting for LG to drop the headphone jack that's gonna make so many of their fans made lol

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
So, I was looking at an S8+ today in a store, and I have to say: I don't like the 18:9 aspect ratio. The phone just looks way too long to me.

I now some people think the U11 looks dated because the bezels are larger and the aspect ratio is 16:9, but I think I actually prefer it for that reason alone. Probably makes me an outlier...

I don't either. It seems though that Samsung has decided and isn't going back. Same with LG, Apple. I'm hoping that HTC sticks with 16:9.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech