HTC "YOU" event at BestBuy

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone.

On July 3rd I went to my Best Buy to inquire about the Droid X pre-orders (they weren't taking them on that day, but I did get it days after :)) and directly outside the store in the parking lot, they had a HUGE HTC booth clearly advertising the Aria. They called it the "YOU" event and had like 6 little Smart cars branded with HTC swag and about a dozen HTC-branded employees.

Here's what they had for people that came up:
  • FREE $10 Best Buy gift card just for LISTENING to the demo of the Aria (about 5 minutes)
  • All sorts of food (mini-burgers, sausages, fruit, candy)
  • Hourly drawings for $100 gift cards to Best Buy
  • About every HTC phone ever created (they handed me whatever phone I wanted to play with)
  • Little Android robot key-chains for free
  • Android-themed remote control car with a track
  • A DJ playing all sorts of music

Now, I was going to talk Android to the HTC reps and play with the phones (the rep I spoke with had the EVO, HD2 [for some reason], the Aria, and the Incredible in his pockets) whether I got the $10 gift card or not, but that just made it better :)

Anyway, I walked away with some android key-chains, some good food and drink, and a $10 gift card. It also sealed the deal for me going to Android from Blackberry.

Anyone experienced anything like this? It was quite awesome (and expensive on HTC's part) to say the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette