HTC10 or Honor8/P9 ??

lazostat

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I want to buy a new smartphone for my wife. There are 3 options. HTC 10, Honor8 and P9. All of them are good phones, but i think HTC10 is the best among them. But maybe a woman gonna like better the Huawei phones?

Also HTC 10 is more expensive than the other two phones. Does it worth the money?

What about the battery? Is it good?

I know the HTC 10 has better CPU and is more powerful but my wife isnt a power user..

What do you think about??

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I really really like mine... I don't know your wife... it will probably be overpowered for her... if she doesn't listen to music with headphones, I wouldn't bother... but if she does... she will be blown away... battery is very good but I don't do much gaming...

I think all those phones will be good for her honestly

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I was also trying to decide between the Honor 8 and the HTC 10... I went to Bestbuy and played with the Honor 8... The external speaker is really weak- really bad .. The size is nice for one handed use but is all glass and so not great if your a person who drops to their phone once in a while... But a great looking phone.
I ended up getting the HTC 10 for the built quality and the speaker/ headphone ... If you use for music it's great... I got the unlocked model from HTC and we got nugget 7.0 at the end of November and so it seems like we'll be getting quick software updates... Just got the January android security patch so if that is important to you...battery gets me through a day no problem... And it charges very fast... Anyway that's my two cents...
One thought... The HTC is noticeable heavier then the Honor 8...

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My son tried the nexus 6p and the Honor 8, before returning it for the Axon 7. The sound quality and build of the 7 is very nice. The 8 has that glass back to it and is a solid device. Biggest turn off was that for quick charging, the Honor 8 must use the included charger and cable. 3rd party chargers work, but not for quick charging, which they tell you and has been mentioned on AC in their review I believe.

You can't go wrong with either device though.

EDIT:
Sound on the 10 is great, but the Axon 7 has front facing speakers and is LOUDER then my 10.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
While I love the HTC 10 for the money you cannot beat the honor 8. It is a fantastic device. I currently have both phones. If I had to choose between the 2 I would choose the honor. While I enjoy the almost stock feel of sense. EMUI is such a fantastic UI that does so much so right. Also that saffire blue is so easy on the eyes.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The HTC 10 has dropped price over time. Sure, I would prefer front stereo speakers but everything else is better on the 10,imo.

Cheers

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
yea for sure the axon 7 had louder external speakers... But I think the the quality of the HTC sound is better... but maybe that's just my biased... yeah the axon 7 is a great phone it was just too big to carry around for me ... I drive a motorcycle.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
yea for sure the axon 7 had louder external speakers... But I think the the quality of the HTC sound is better... but maybe that's just my biased... yeah the axon 7 is a great phone it was just too big to carry around for me ... I drive a motorcycle.
What kind of bike?

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey... I find myself living in Laos at the moment and so I'm riding a Kolao motorcycle... You would have never seen one unless you've been too Laos...A Korean company that designs and Engineers the bike and the parts are made in China and then ship to Laos and it's assembled in Laos... not big bikes everything here is a rice burner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvmada