I am unable to use many apps on wifi, but i can using mobile data.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Moto g7 Supra with Android 9.

I have DSL with an Arris NVG443B modem.

On my home WiFi I can not access many apps that you have to be logged in to, for example; Amazon, Kindle, Sam's Club.

I also cannot go into some websites, for example Lowe's.com sometimes Walmart.

I can access these sites and apps on other devices on my home wifi, and I can access all these using my mobile data, and I can access them on some wifi hotspots I have tried.

I was going to create an account here but was unable to on my wifi.

I have searched the web, and tried a few suggestions, but nothing has worked.

Help!

And thanks in advance.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Try the following.
Forget your Wi-Fi from the phone.
Unplug your router/modem
Clear your cache partition and reboot.
Plug in your router, wait a few minutes.
Recan and select your home wifi.
Good luck

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I had suggested previously to try hooking up a separate router to your modem/router and see if that works -- is that something you can try? These days, people are a little more likely to have a spare router lying around, so I thought it was worth asking. Or you could probably get a old wireless N router for cheap (like $20 or less) to test out.

Loweco

Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
I worked late tonight, so not much time to work on this....

I will try another router, I do have another modem, but it is the same model.... I'm going to get get one when I get time.

Thanks again to everyone for your help. I will certainly let you know when I do and what I find.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you do try hooking up a separate router to that combination modem/router, make sure you turn on the pass-through mode on the modem/router so that its router function turns off.

frostlips2

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. Same router, but a Moto G7 Play. ISP is Ziply (formerly Frontier.)

It's an issue with some (not all) websites that require signing in. Clearing cookies on Chrome (android) fixes the issue for about 10 minutes. No issues with mobile data or other wifi networks. These same websites load instantly when not signed in. Apps requiring signing in (Amazon, Google etc) also don't work.

Also tried all the suggestions in this thread. Nothing works.

Researching this issue indicates that some Pixel 3 users had the same issue. It was only fixed with a security upgrade. Unfortunately Moto G7 Play is permanently stuck in the January 2019 security patch it doesn't seem there will be any support.

One fix that also works temporarily is playing around with MTU size in the router settings. Once changed, everything works swimmingly for about 5 minutes - and that's it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. Same router, but a Moto G7 Play. ISP is Ziply (formerly Frontier.)

It's an issue with some (not all) websites that require signing in. Clearing cookies on Chrome (android) fixes the issue for about 10 minutes. No issues with mobile data or other wifi networks. These same websites load instantly when not signed in. Apps requiring signing in (Amazon, Google etc) also don't work.

Also tried all the suggestions in this thread. Nothing works.

Researching this issue indicates that some Pixel 3 users had the same issue. It was only fixed with a security upgrade. Unfortunately Moto G7 Play is permanently stuck in the January 2019 security patch it doesn't seem there will be any support.

One fix that also works temporarily is playing around with MTU size in the router settings. Once changed, everything works swimmingly for about 5 minutes - and that's it.
Hi, welcome to AC!

I dont know if your aware , but your avatar upside down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC