I cannot believe how long the battery lasts

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've only charged the phone once since getting it two days ago. I hope this kind of battery life continues.
8f7e42460e8005536f79969d9440ecd5.jpg

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
The battery definitely lasts a long time on the 6T. So much so that I'm tempted to take the camera hit and use it as my daily as opposed to the Pixel 3.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
The battery definitely lasts a long time on the 6T. So much so that I'm tempted to take the camera hit and use it as my daily as opposed to the Pixel 3.
My struggle with Pixel 2 xl. Love the 6T I have, everything about it is better than the pixel. My only issue is the camera. Have 2 small kids and take pictures all day long. Pixel 2 is unbeatable at that.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a few phones for work and personal. 6T has been work phone on t-mobile. Last couple days it didn't get used and was turned on in travel bag. Drove almost 500 miles so it was searching for connection the whole time. Looked at battery stats and it showed 27 hours since last full charge and was still at 92%.

Ive never had a phone last so long. I won't charge it and use it over the weekend but don't expect to need to charge until Sunday.

I used to thing the original z play was a battery champ. This phone beats that easily.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It won't if you keep draining it down to 3%. I'd give it until - maybe - the end of February.

Don't overcharge - 0-% is plenty - at 100% you can start losing electrolyte.

When the battery drops to 40%, plug in the charger or turn off the phone. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries. A couple of months of deep discharge like that is about all you can expect - then the battery goes dead - as in you have to replace it.

The contest isn't how long you can go between charges - it's how long you can go between battery replacements. No more $15 pop-the-back-off replacements - they're expensive these days.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I usually charge at around 50% with a quick top off before bed if needed. I don't think I've ever had a battery drain down to 3%. Way to obsessive compulsive for that.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I usually charge at around 50% with a quick top off before bed if needed. I don't think I've ever had a battery drain down to 3%. Way to obsessive compulsive for that.
Me too. I've had mine for just over a month and most days I go to bed with 50% or more then I plug it in while I'm getting ready in the morning and I'm good for the day.

The 6T has become the cure for my battery anxiety. Never since getting my first Android phone (OG Galaxy S) have I gotten this kind of battery life and I've easily had a dozen phones in the last few years.

I don't regret switching to this from the pixel 2. Everything works and the camera is more than good enough. The Pixel had way to many quarks for me. I'm at 52% right now after 12 hours with almost 5 hours of screen on time (I watched most of a football game on it while doing projects around the house). I love this thing.

5774554efd9cfcb4d58b9fe5f1ffdb04.jpg

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't overcharge - 0-% is plenty - at 100% you can start losing electrolyte.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Also, everything I've read suggests that as long as you don't totally deplete the battery, there's no risk of damage. Also that there's no risk of overcharging a modern battery

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My typo - 90% max.

Your understanding is a bit outdated. At 100%, in [some] batteries, electrolyte can boil off. And, while discharging below the cutoff point disconnects the battery, lithiums aren't deep-discharge batteries. Charging at 50% gives the longest life - 40% isn't much worse. But 3%? You might, if you're lucky, get 2 months before you have to replace it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
there so much mixed feelings about how to charge your battery.
I own lot of device's/ from my experience
I charge my phone from 5% to 100 and sometimes leaving charged overnight
I have a iPhone X which is phone from 2017 has battery capacity at 93% been using same charging method.
my pixel 2xl never had issue either
my 1+6 or note 9 same thing.
also my nexus 5x and note 4, my HTC m8 and note 2 finally crap out.
so I've been using this method for long time is it the correct way I don't know but it works .

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
This is typical use for me. I know my screen use time is low but I'm still amazed I can get that far. View attachment 296202
Crazy isn't it. Most days I couldn't get 3 hours SoT out of my Pixel 2 on the whole battery.
there so much mixed feelings about how to charge your battery.
I own lot of device's/ from my experience
I charge my phone from 5% to 100 and sometimes leaving charged overnight
I have a iPhone X which is phone from 2017 has battery capacity at 93% been using same charging method.
my pixel 2xl never had issue either
my 1+6 or note 9 same thing.
also my nexus 5x and note 4, my HTC m8 and note 2 finally crap out.
so I've been using this method for long time is it the correct way I don't know but it works .
Yeah idk, I'm not saying there isn't some truth to what Rukbat is saying but until this 6T I generally have always charged overnight granted I would generally plug in by 30% most days and it's never been an issue till about the 18-20 month mark. Now my wife runs hers dead or close to it all the time and it still takes 18 months before she starts having issues. My kid runs her Moto G4 down all the time too and that thing still has battery life that rocks and almost rivals this 6T.

Again not saying there isn't something to it but I guess it doesn't seem to be a big enough issue to worry about for me.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It’s all a bunch of hogwash if you ask me.

Most people plug their phone in when they go to bed at night and leave it plugged in all night. That isn’t effecting the battery at all being as the phone stops charging after the battery is full. It doesn’t lose any electrolytes. I mean what is this a Gatorade commercial? Ha

Also letting it go below 50% isn’t bad for it either. My wife always gets her phone to around 10% before charging, not on purpose, just because she forgets to charge it, and after almost 3 years with her iPhone 7 the battery is around 87% health.

Batteries today and electronics have safeguards in them to prevent this sort of thing. Use your phone, charge it whenever you want. You’ll be just fine.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Crazy isn't it. Most days I couldn't get 3 hours SoT out of my Pixel 2 on the whole battery.Yeah idk, I'm not saying there isn't some truth to what Rukbat is saying but until this 6T I generally have always charged overnight granted I would generally plug in by 30% most days and it's never been an issue till about the 18-20 month mark. Now my wife runs hers dead or close to it all the time and it still takes 18 months before she starts having issues. My kid runs her Moto G4 down all the time too and that thing still has battery life that rocks and almost rivals this 6T.

Again not saying there isn't something to it but I guess it doesn't seem to be a big enough issue to worry about for me.

Yeah I agree , I never try to tell someone how to charge there battery because so far I haven't seen conclusion which way better. I say whatever works for you keep doing it .

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Attachments

• 21194.jpg
    21194.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 112

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Greatest battery life I've ever had. And camera is definitely adequate for what I use it for. My 2 kids don't stay still enough to get great pics anyway lol.
Yeah but even with my Pixel 2 it was hard to get good shots when kids were moving. I'm happy with the camera and I've changed my Google photos backup setting to full resolution. By far the things OP does to the OS and the way it integrates with the hardware just works so well. This is the first I'm in years I've really enjoyed everything about a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca