I can't set a PIN on my Android Tablet

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I have an android tablet that I am setting up for a colleague and I can't set a pin for a screen lock, the only option that appears is swipe or none.

This tablet is encrypted and is managed by our organisation. They require a password but it doesn't seem to give this tablet the option to choose one.

Can anyone help?

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have an android tablet that I am setting up for a colleague and I can't set a pin for a screen lock, the only option that appears is swipe or none.

This tablet is encrypted and is managed by our organisation. They require a password but it doesn't seem to give this tablet the option to choose one.

It does sound like this device is intentionally locked down by the tablet's owner and there's an IT department maintaining it. If you're asking about 'hacking' it to bypass the MDM protections, good luck with that. Otherwise, contact them and explain what and why you want to do this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Or are you saying that this device that is managed by your work still requires you to create your own lockscreen password/PIN, and you're not seeing a way to do that in the Security menu?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01