A

Android Central Question

I cant shut the pop up ads off my phone

The full screen ads are r popping up on my phone cant shut them off

A

Android Central Question

Fathers phone getting pop out ads.

Hello guys.

So my father came to me saying that he getting pop out ads and he doesn't know the reason. He says he haven't installed anything but I believe he might have accepted something instead of pressing block.

I managed to screenshot the application however that application is no where found in apps installed.

I have tired with Malwarebytes and I got no results there.

The application is at the bottom.

i.imgur.com/2twI3w0.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, it's not Google. Assuming you don't have a phone that's subsidized by ads, then you have some kind of adware that got installed to your phone, likely alongside some other app you installed. Uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. Or do a factory reset, and then reinstall apps one by one to see if/when the problem comes back.

Anonne

May 3, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I had installed recently was Google Files. I don't keep a lot of superfluous apps on here. I got rid of files, Amazon, didn't work. Something told me this morning to get rid of Facebook and the Messenger. We'll see if these random popups stop.

Anonne

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: I cant shut the pop up ads off my phone

It wasn't Facebook. It was FLV Player. It had been fine for a year for me and then it suddenly started serving full screen pop-up ads.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear