I can't update Kies Air. HELP

collegegirl7

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I just received the message that there is a new software update is available for my Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. Going onto the computer, I followed the instructions and downloaded the Kies. After I plugged my phone in, the software recognized my phone. In order to actually do the firmware update, it says I have to update the kies.

I went through the process, as soon as it goes to update, it says "Cannot stop KiesTrayAgent process. Please reboot your PC and try again."

I have rebooted my computer several times, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I still get this message. What can I do? How can this be fixed? Please help!

gbm01

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting exactly the same result on two computers now. So much for Samsung's customer support who said try another computer after goign through the whole Download/Upgrade/Error/Reboot/Upgrade/Error Uninstall, Rinse/Repeat

RCA1186

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I just received the message that there is a new software update is available for my Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. Going onto the computer, I followed the instructions and downloaded the Kies. After I plugged my phone in, the software recognized my phone. In order to actually do the firmware update, it says I have to update the kies.

I went through the process, as soon as it goes to update, it says "Cannot stop KiesTrayAgent process. Please reboot your PC and try again."

I have rebooted my computer several times, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I still get this message. What can I do? How can this be fixed? Please help!

I found the fix on here. Open kies, when it prompts to update don't click anything, press control+shift+escape to open the task manager. Go to the processes tab in there. Scroll down to the Kies tray agent and click on it and click end process. Then, go back to kies and click update. It should work normal from there. It did for me at least

belefauntes

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I was about to post something very similar. I fussed with this error message for most of the day yesterday. I tried to Live Chat with Samsung "tech support" and they were... less than knowledgeable on the subject. (To put it kindly)

Eventually I had to figure this out on my own. I just experimented until I found a work-around.

Follow these steps (or at least, this is what I did):

1. Open Kies
2. Click "Okay" when prompted to update Kies.
3. When you get the error about KiesTrayAgent, open your Windows Task Manager and go to the Processes tab.
4. Select KiesTrayAgent.exe in the processes list and click the "End Process" button.
5. DO NOT CLOSE WINDOWS TASK MANAGER JUST YET! (You may get another error).
6. Go back to the error message and click "Okay". This SHOULD cause Kies to reload and prompt you again to update Kies.
7. Click "Okay" when promted to update Kies.

If this fixes your problem, then you need no further help and you may close the Windows Task Manager. This was not the case for me, sooooo.....

8. If you receive a SIMILAR error message regarding KiesPDLR, return to your Windows Task Manager.
9. Select KiesPDLR.exe in the processes list and click the End Process button.
10. Return to the Kies error message and click "Okay". This SHOULD fix your problem and allow Kies to update.

I hope this was helpful to someone. I had... ahem... some "fun" trying to figure this out. Google revealed no solution. LOL!

EA6B

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No go for me at all. I'm already at the new version. Not sure where to go now. I've now devoted some 11+ hours to this endeavor. It really shouldn't be this hard. The last upgrade went really quick, not sure the cause of this. My only constant between my XP and Vista system is ESET Not 32. I guess tomorrow I will uninstall it from one of the computers and try again. It was enabled and then disabled throughout the past two days, perhaps it need to be removed entirely.

Zachary Huch

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Cannot stop KiesTrayAgent process. Please reboot your PC and try again. [FIX]

Ok, here's how you fix this issue.

#1 Proceed to start updating up until you get to the part where you can click Update or Cancel.
#2 Open Task Manager
#3 Navigate to Process Tree
#4 End the following processes:
Tray Agent
Kies Air
Kies PDLR
#5 after ending the following processes, click update
#6 Enjoy the glorious updates

Davidwpg

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
As Zachary mentioned, I too started Kies and it popped up the box telling me to update. I had to go into task manager and close:
Kies Tray Agent
Kies PDLR
Kies Air
I did, then clicked ok to start the update. After the update, about 287 items, Kies restarted with the tray icon starting as well. I was shown the same box telling me I needed to upgrade again so I clicked ok. The Tray icon was automatically removed and another 135 or so items were updated with Kies. I hope everything runs fine now. The update just finished and I havn't tried connecting my Galaxy S3 yet. Good luck all.

Dan Martin2

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
1). Open KIES
2). Disconnect all devices
3). Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + ESC [escape])
4). Click on Processes
5). Click on "Image Name," this alphabetizes the whole process list
6). Scroll down to KIES processes, including KiesTrayAgent, KiesPBLR, and KIES Air Agent
7). Right click and End Process Tree on all three of the above processes
. Keep Task Manager open, and go into KIES
9). Click "Help" at the top
10). Click "Check for Updates"
11). You might have to repeat this process a few more times before it actually works, sometimes user error can be a stop in the steps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson