I disabled chrome on my Samsung S23 (fully updated OS) and lost 10 pages of google 'add to home' screen shortcuts

tommybstring

Aug 17, 2023
Visit site
Like the title says I lost all my add to home screen shortcuts I made with Google after disabling the app for one moment. They did not come back when I re-enabled the app. I did a backup of my phone last month through samsung smart connect. Android S23. Will that bring back my shortcuts if I do a restore?

Thanks, Tom

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Like the title says I lost all my add to home screen shortcuts I made with Google after disabling the app for one moment. They did not come back when I re-enabled the app. I did a backup of my phone last month through samsung smart connect. Android S23. Will that bring back my shortcuts if I do a restore?

Thanks, Tom
Yeah, if I remember correctly there is a category for home screen in smart switch. Just restore that and you won't lose any other data.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's normal behavior when you disable a app you turn off all its features , you can try your smart switch back up from PC see if it restore but lot times it won't be in back ups when you add chrome shortcut to home screen