I don't really want my friends seeing my pictures...

Dallin Hampton

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Do you still want to be able to view them in the gallery?

Best way to hide pictures from gallery:
Mount your phone as a disk drive
Create a folder to put the pictures in titled ".myimages" in the main directory (or whatever you want as long as it starts with a '.')
Move the pictures you want hidden into the .myimages folder
Unmount the SD card
From then on view them using a file manager like Astro by opening the .myimages folder using Astro or other utility.

Your welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

deanver

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed your reply, thanks bro.

When you say mount as a hard drive, do you mean with my computer or somewhere in the phone?

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You could also just purchase Photo Vault. It costs $1.99 (if I remember right) and is MUCH easier to use in my opinion.

Open the app
Long press photos you want to hide
They no longer appear in the gallery for anyone to view. Also the app is password protected so you can view them anytime you want.

Dallin Hampton

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Most vault programs do the '.' trick but just automate it and roll it all into one package. When I say mount as a disk drive I mean plug the USB Cable from your computer to your phone and when the prompt comes up (the one with the four options) choose, "disk drive" to mount your phone so you can access the SD card.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I know you have plenty to choose from, but one that wasn't mention is Super Security which has a lot of other helpful functions in addition to a strong box that is password protected for pictures.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, when i hook my EVO to my computer, open the drive up and create a new folder called .xxxxxx (xxxx not the real name but just for example) it wont allow me to use anyhyting with a . in front of it.
It says you must type a file name.
Oh well i will try a program..

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Lol now I know who all the cheaters and nasty people are haaaa JK:p... Ill fit right in..

Some people actually have "SFW" photos that they dont want random people looking at. I have pictures of my five year old daughter from her bdays, preschool graduation, etc that i wouldnt want some random person looking at or having if i lost my phone somewhere.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Pandora or App Lock..

I can hand my evo to anyone and they can't see my email, text messages or gallery. I also have settings locked down as well as well as the camera (a back door into gallery).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss