I got my Nexus 5X (First Impressions, User Reviews)

darknyght00

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Mine has just been delivered

no with the waving over the screen

google now always listening work fine

just going back to a previous question the phone always wakes up when you pick it up when there is a notification but is hit and miss if there is no notification

Drat. Right now, that's a bit of a deal breaker for me. Maybe I'll pick one up anyway under the guise of a secondary development device and see if I can live without that feature.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Drat. Right now, that's a bit of a deal breaker for me. Maybe I'll pick one up anyway under the guise of a secondary development device and see if I can live without that feature.

I think that's a Moto only feature which has separate sensors on the front of the phone to detect extra motion. No other device does that as far as I'm aware (at least not in the way Moto does it)

Posted via the Android Central App and my Galaxy S6

sambartle_uk

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site

Is the screen flat or does it have curved edges? My Nexus 4 is annoying as tempered glass protectors always chip at the edges where the glass curved into the bezel. Hoping this ones fully flat.

darknyght00

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

I think that's a Moto only feature which has separate sensors on the front of the phone to detect extra motion. No other device does that as far as I'm aware (at least not in the way Moto does it)

I know- but when they announced the 5X (and 6P) they were a bit vague about "pick up to wake the screen" or something similar and I allowed myself to be hopeful that that had been accomplished with front facing IR sensors.

WinstonSmith#AC

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

Very exciting. Thanks for posting first impressions.

It sucks that we're all going to need buy a bunch of cables to make this work.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I know- but when they announced the 5X (and 6P) they were a bit vague about "pick up to wake the screen" or something similar and I allowed myself to be hopeful that that had been accomplished with front facing IR sensors.

Right. With the accelerometer built in. Never looked to be IR based. Would be cool, though.

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

The notification light looks great. That's the one thing that I needed. I wish it had wireless charging though... I'll probably buy one before the $50 credit goes away.

Ghettopops

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for all the info. I can't wait for mine to arrive. I have my USB C adaptor and cable for my OnePlus Two so good one computer connection. Did you get a case for it?

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Yup it would be nice if it got around 5 hours or more. My N5 barely gets 3 hours

Yes after the battery settles down 5 hrs SOT would be respectable.

I hope that Google has sorted out battery optimisation this time around. Something that they promised to address back in Android 4.4 Kitkat under Project Svelte and then we were promised the big battery improvements in Android 5 Lollipop under Project Volta (We all know how most Droids turned out the worse rather than better under that update)

Fingers crossed

Posted by my Superia z2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays