I got water on lower half of my Galaxy Note 3, how do I keep it from bricking?

dPvPanda

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
got water on lower half of galaxy note 3 help?

Hi guys,

I accidentally spilled water on the lower half of my galaxy note 3. When I wiped the water off and the phone seems to work fine, some water did get into the phone via stylus pen slot. now it won't charge or connect to the computer. When I get it to charge, it is slow. And when I use the phone it sometimes thing I'm attempting to share battery with other phone. Is there some way to fix it? I read somewhere that I should submerge it in isopropyl alcohol 99%, or just use some on the components' connectors. Does any of these two methods work? Is there any better way? And maybe cheaper than finding a professional phone repair guy?

Best regards
Panda

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: got water on lower half of galaxy note 3 help?

Welcome to the forums.

Those might work, but the downside is water damage can spread. Right now, it seems localized to the USB port, but a month or two down the road, this or that might crop up.

Do you have insurance on the device?

mcg3745

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

Im not sure I would submerge it in anything other than, maybe rice. Sometimes, without use and with the battery removed, the phone will dry out and function normally. Liquid causes electrical shorts until it is dry. The damage can happen from trying to use certain parts of the phone while the liquid is still inside.

Yes, I Note.

mcg3745

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

Battery removal and lay it on a heat vent for an hour or two might be enough to let you know what you are working with.

Yes, I Note.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty