I have a Galaxy Note 5 — ask me about it!

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
NOTE 4 can't take notes on the fly with the screen off. That is one LESS STEP for the Note 5.
I had the Note 5, and compared this feature with the Note 4. It's basically the same functionality. On the Note 4, just hold the button on the pen and simultaneously tap twice on the lock screen to get the Action Memo. In the overall scheme of things, it's just as efficient and convenient.

mrsimps

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the Note 5, and compared this feature with the Note 4. It's basically the same functionality. On the Note 4, just hold the button on the pen and simultaneously tap twice on the lock screen to get the Action Memo. In the overall scheme of things, it's just as efficient and convenient.

I'm glad someone pointed that out. Everytime I see mention of the quick launch notetaking function, I think, but the Note 4 can do that, too, with the actions you just described. I thought I was missing something. Yes, the Note 5 executes the process more elegantly, IMO, but it's the same concept/functionality.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad someone pointed that out. Everytime I see mention of the quick launch notetaking function, I think, but the Note 4 can do that, too, with the actions you just described. I thought I was missing something. Yes, the Note 5 executes the process more elegantly, IMO, but it's the same concept/functionality.
Exactly, the only difference with the Note 5 is when it's in sleep mode, but chances are after when we finished writing, we most likely would want to wake up our phone anyway to check our other notes, email, surf, etc. So not much time saving compared to the Note 4. Besides with the Note 4, as soon as we pull out our SPen, we immediately get the lock screen, then double tap to launch Action Memo.

This "new" feature reminds me of the Galaxy Round, rocking the device to show notifications in sleep mode, when we can do that already with Air Gesture.

Last edited:

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
^^^^^ this goes for rapid charging as well. Rapid charging isn't new. I used to have a blackberry playbook that came with a rapid charger. I been charging my phones from 0-100 in 30min or less for years using that charger.

Sent from my 9.7 Korean tablet with the stick thingy.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
there is setting for turning off the light of the keys seen this in the video 50+ tips and tricks for note 5 in youtube watch this videos (there are two different that gives you 50+ tips ;)
Looks like sprint disabled that option

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Screenshot_2015-09-08-09-57-41.jpg

please...How to switch between many windows in note 5
(apps windows or main windows)
2 problems i have :

1- in my previous phones i could do this with only clicking in the white point and go directly in the window...
but couldn't in my note 5 so if i will have 7 or more so how to switch diretly from 1 to 7 for example.

2- they removed even when you switch to the next of the last window...in my note 2 the next window of the last window is the first window but in note 5 it blocks in the last window so you must go back

please if anyone have a solution please tell me...don't like this thing

stevecfo

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
note 5 question
when using gmail and opening a pdf or file on my old note 4 options appeared on what type of pdf app i could use.
it would ask just once or always
now on the note5 when opening a file it defaults to the last app i used
i then i have to got to settings app menu and clear the default app
driving me nuts! help please
thanks
steve

Aya Kamal

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
plz my phone run out of battery so fast !
i just bought it yesterday download some apps
after downloading it drops about 1% every 5 min or 4 min
while wifi is on and opening facebook messenger !
does this look normal ?!

Aya Kamal

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
plz my phone run out of battery so fast !
i just bought it yesterday download some apps
after downloading it drops about 1% every 5 min or 4 min
while wifi is on and opening facebook messenger !
does this look normal ?!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Can you swap out the battery? NO!
Can you swap out the SD card? NO... there is no SD card!
Can you swap out the back panel if you drop and crack it? NO!
Nope... staying with the Note 4 thank you very much! :)

I never swapped out the battery of my S5 and had it for over a year. I got a good deal when I got my phone with a portable charger. Just in case.

I'm so "old school" that using an SD card was a must. But it's 2015 and I decided to get with the current year ;). Cloud and 64GB and extra adaptor should be sufficient.

If you don't like cases then yes the back may be a problem. However I remember reading people complain about Samsung plastic phones and now it's switched.

Posted via the *Note 5*

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Im still a confused as to why a phone geared towards the worker bees doesnt come with a stock to do list.... not even a widget.

Is it geared towards the worker bee? The tmobile reps, who werr surprisingly knowledgeable, never asked what I was using it for or suggested that's what it's for.

I'm sure you can find a widget. That's what I like about Android, you can customize it to what you want. I do want to use this phone more for work, but only 10%. If that.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh