I have a Galaxy Note 5 — ask me about it!

G_The_One

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
How has the calendar changed in the latest iteration of TW? Does it sync with Google? How are the widgets? Any new ones? I am looking for more settings and options in widgets such as opacity

Posted via the Android Central App

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
How has the calendar changed in the latest iteration of TW? Does it sync with Google? How are the widgets? Any new ones? I am looking for more settings and options in widgets such as opacity

Looks about the same as the previous version in the GS6. Lots of white, with primary colors for different functions. It syncs with your Google account of course, as soon as you have it entered in the system.

There's just one widget, which shows your full month calendar in anywhere between a 5x5 widget size and a 3x4 size. No other options.

Screenshot_2015-08-15-15-43-32.jpgScreenshot_2015-08-15-15-45-27.jpgScreenshot_2015-08-15-15-45-41.jpg

htc fan89

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Glass on the Note is curved on the back but not the front.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB
ZAGG Tempered Glass
AT&T
Not curved like the edge, I mean 2.5d instead of being flat toward the edges. It makes screen protector to not cover the whole display

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeh, if Chelsea have to travel up to the City of Liverpool and kick off that early, they are going to be trounced by Everton. I'm going to make money that day.

I should get to sleep now.

ff06148aa53ec478776ed4a86f0913d0.jpg

Mptrh336

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I noticed on last week's podcast someone mentioned that they left out the IR blaster for smart remote. I'm interested to find out why the opinion of your team seems to be that single missing features are no big deal. I think I remember hearing Russell at some point (not this podcast) stating that the missing NFC on the oneplus was no big deal, and then I believe that you stated in reference to the IR blaster that hardly anybody uses it. My thoughts are that when considering these "lesser used" features it seems that "x" number of people may be interested in this feature and "x" number of people may be interested in others. All segments of buyers that are interested in those individual features make up the sum of the buyers of a given device. In other words, people choose based on a few features that they are interested in using day to day. I've noticed that most people won't accept a poor camera experience. In my situation the convenience and security of a fingerprint scanner, combined with the option of a powerful payment system (like samsung pay with its no new hardware standpoint for merchants) and the convenience of a smart remote that can control your entire living room with a single application is hard to argue with. For me, the heart rate monitor is the stale hardware component. Maybe given the chatter about missing features lately warrants a poll on what features your readers would like to see combined in their next smartphone? Sorry for the long post, just an idea. Long time reader and love the site.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Same camera sensor, lenses and features as the GS6 — which is to say low light is really good. The Note 4 itself still has a good camera, but the Note 5 is just a little better.

Coming from the Note 3 so no frame of reference re: Note 4. My biggest complaint about the N3 camera was zoomed images were always terrible - really, really bad. Have you had a chance to take some zoomed shots and as that been fixed? TIA

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Does it have the edge app by chance?

Nope. S6 edge and S6 edge+ only.

Not curved like the edge, I mean 2.5d instead of being flat toward the edges. It makes screen protector to not cover the whole display

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The glass on the front curves very slightly on the edges to go into the metal on the edges.

How is performance in poor signal areas compared with other phones?

Haven't tested in poor signal areas just yet. Samsung's usually pretty good on radios.

Yeh, if Chelsea have to travel up to the City of Liverpool and kick off that early, they are going to be trounced by Everton. I'm going to make money that day.

I should get to sleep now.

Well, that's in Pacific Time... so it's an afternoon game in the UK ;)

I noticed on last week's podcast someone mentioned that they left out the IR blaster for smart remote. I'm interested to find out why the opinion of your team seems to be that single missing features are no big deal. I think I remember hearing Russell at some point (not this podcast) stating that the missing NFC on the oneplus was no big deal, and then I believe that you stated in reference to the IR blaster that hardly anybody uses it. My thoughts are that when considering these "lesser used" features it seems that "x" number of people may be interested in this feature and "x" number of people may be interested in others. All segments of buyers that are interested in those individual features make up the sum of the buyers of a given device. In other words, people choose based on a few features that they are interested in using day to day. I've noticed that most people won't accept a poor camera experience. In my situation the convenience and security of a fingerprint scanner, combined with the option of a powerful payment system (like samsung pay with its no new hardware standpoint for merchants) and the convenience of a smart remote that can control your entire living room with a single application is hard to argue with. For me, the heart rate monitor is the stale hardware component. Maybe given the chatter about missing features lately warrants a poll on what features your readers would like to see combined in their next smartphone? Sorry for the long post, just an idea. Long time reader and love the site.

Not sure why they chose to remove the IR port, but I'm sure Samsung knows exactly how many people who have that in their phones aren't using it — and I'm pretty sure that's a very high % of people.

Will S pen features and other multitasking features work with Nova launcher prime?

Yup. Replace the launcher and you keep the features.

Coming from the Note 3 so no frame of reference re: Note 4. My biggest complaint about the N3 camera was zoomed images were always terrible - really, really bad. Have you had a chance to take some zoomed shots and as that been fixed? TIA

Digital zoom is pretty bad no matter what camera you're using. Of course there's OIS so there'll be less blurriness when zoomed in, and with 16MP you have a little room to zoom and keep a decent resolution. But you wouldn't ever want to zoom in more than 2X.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Can you pls work the GPS. Very interested how it tracks in various places. Does it locate you ok, does it track your position while moving.

thx

Saurav Sinha2

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
What about gaming on Note 4, whats your stand on some high end games with note 4?
Also are there any kind of stutter or lag after intensive use on it?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I only have one question.. Would you send the N5 to me? 😉

Good thread. I was sure I would go with the S6E+ then I saw some things about the N5 spen. I'm not 100% yet, but pretty confident I'm going with the N5.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000