I have a Moto X Pure Edition, you have questions. Lets play!

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
How did you activate on Sprint?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

They have a specific nano sim for it, sku: 019962040146. Go to a store, if they have stock, they will give you one, if not, they can ship one out to you as can customer care. Once you have the SIM/ICCID, you casn activate the phone online, ins store, or over the phone. Just put the MEID HEX of the phone into your account along with that sim and it activates without issues.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
They have a specific nano sim for it, sku: 019962040146. Go to a store, if they have stock, they will give you one, if not, they can ship one out to you as can customer care. Once you have the SIM/ICCID, you casn activate the phone online, ins store, or over the phone. Just put the MEID HEX of the phone into your account along with that sim and it activates without issues.
Awesome, thx.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm right there with you on the naked phones, I think the only case I would consider would be a bumper since I don't mind that form factor as much. Now if only the phone would ship...
I usually get a tempered glass screen protector and either a wet install back protector or a glass back protector depending on the phone. That's usally all I have for daily carry but keep a thin case of some kind available for when I travel or when I work out. I keep everything super organized and labeled with all of my phones, parts for repairs, and cases in a sterile environment so they are really easy to pick up and go.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Might be a stupid question, but if you already have a nano sim from a Nexus 6 on Sprint, do you need to still get the nano sim with the special sku?

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
This is obviously subjective by nature but popular opinion (everyone I've seen except DC) says the bumper is cheap and you'll never use it. I know personally anything that cheap looking will never find it's way onto my brand new shiny phone. This is just an observation since Motorola is putting extra care and attention to the build of my phone apparently so it's still in China.

No disrespect meant and hopefully everyone finds something that works for them in the end.

I agree with DC. I actually keep it on all the time, though. I would love to run with a naked phone, but either I drop them or my daughter does. I actually prefer this bumper over the hula for the 2014 because it's a little easier to get in/out of my pocket and has cutouts for the buttons (less accidental presses).

Mine is snug.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Here are several angles. While it's a cheap bumper for sure, it gets the job done until you can find a better one. My biggest complaint would be that the buttons are recessed and a little trickier to activate. I also included a pic from the OG X of the screen in the bright sun. It doesn't do it much justice as the screen was actually much more visible in reality.

View attachment 197035View attachment 197036View attachment 197037View attachment 197038View attachment 197039View attachment 197040View attachment 197041

Looks very much like IPS to me.

Don't know why they decided to market it as a TFT display.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
How can I get rid of the google now screen that is to the left? I would rather just drag up from the bottom for google now?
Thanks

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
For contacts can you assign a ringtone AND notification tone for each contact? I have an LG G3 on VZW and you can't set a notification tone per contact. On the Samsung you can, and I'd like to know if you can on the X Pure.

Brian Stewart1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Could i ask a favour

would it be possible for you to take a picture with the standard camera app and then another with Camera FV-5

I have a moto play and the difference in picture quality between the standard and Camera FV-5 was huge!

so does the pure/style have the same module as the play or have they adjusted it...

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
For contacts can you assign a ringtone AND notification tone for each contact? I have an LG G3 on VZW and you can't set a notification tone per contact. On the Samsung you can, and I'd like to know if you can on the X Pure.

You can set a ringtone, but I do not believe that you can for message notifications with the stock app.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I ordered my pure edition today. Can i use tracfone with it?

I activated mine with the GSM sim that comes in the universal sim kit from Tracfone. Since I used the GSM sim I am on a ATT network. If you activated the cdma sim you would be on the Verizon network. So you can choose which might be better for you and still be under the Tracfone umbrella.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Killing apps? The one thing I missed on my Galaxy S6 (probably the only thing) was the ability to open the open app tray and simply close them all. On this phone it looks like you have to swipe them all. Is there a way to close them all or do I need an app for that? If so, do you recommend any one in particular?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86