I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

Alex Tziratoudis

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I recently tried to sell my Nexus 4 which I kept for about a year and was perfectly happy with but bought the Nexus 5 when it came out. People at the exchange shop I took it to said it failed their test and that they couldn't get it to connect to a network no matter how many sims they tried!!! Absolutely baffled I took it somewhere else and even there they tried a sim and claimed it was locked to my network which is not possible as I bought it from google play and therefore it should have been unlocked. Could this myth about 'sim free' phones getting locked to the first sim you stick in be true?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Its false. The stores are idiots. They obviously didn't connect it probably sometimes this required a reboot (turn on/off) or going in the settings and choosing the carrier.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

Mathieu Bourbonnais

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,
With Nexus 4 since last spring, no problem until Update to Kit Kat.
-The list of ringtone available is still visible, but the tones are gone, only a system sound (bing), no ringtones. I have located the ringtones in the old folder and placed them in the new /media/audio/ringtones. Works.
But now all the ringtones labels are doubled in the list of available ringtones (settings).
HOW do I delete the empty ringtones from the list (if possible) ?

Thanks !

roman210

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with text messages clearing in the notification bar before you actually try to pull the bar down..N4 kitkat ever since the update my phone has done that or even when I power on to check my text it just disappears but when I check the message app the text is there thou kinda getting annoyed with it..tried hangouts seems to do the same anybody have any suggestions thanks

Posted via Android Central App

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I did a reset on my phone after the kit Kat update. It fixes all the problems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Ted Leung

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
My nexus feels laggy after updating to kit Kat the app switcher and home button seems to have some delay

Ted Leung

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Actually I'm having a dilemma on whether to switch to ART runtime or not. Would love to hear from you guys.