I have an LG Watch Sport — ask me about it!

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I had that with lousy ATT too. Because it's an unlocked phone they may try to go around and put HD voice on but don't let them. After two days my Pixel was no longer able to make phone calls. It took them days to figure out how to fix it.

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue where I'm not getting gmail notifications on the watch too. Is there a way to get them to show up? So far unimpressed.

TomJa12

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Have this watch since today.
Disappointed because the most important apps I'm going to use do not work properly...
1. I cannot find WhatsApp in the watches app store?!!
2. Strava seems not to use the in built heart rate monitor :(

Can anyone help? Especially with WhatsApp!
Thx

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Disappointed because the most important apps I'm going to use do not work properly...

Thx

I don't believe WhatsApp supports AW 2.0 yet. I tried to download it myself and as you stated doesn't show up on the watche's play store. Hopefully it is updated soon.. Devs will have to catch up and get apps supported for AW 2.0.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't believe WhatsApp supports AW 2.0 yet. I tried to download it myself and as you stated doesn't show up on the watche's play store. Hopefully it is updated soon.. Devs will have to catch up and get apps supported for AW 2.0.
I'm still waiting for the update so I can't test it, but if the app worked previously on AW 1.5 shouldn't it install the same way as before? I know apps need to be updated to 2.0 to show up in the watch's store, but other AW apps are still suppose to install the original way through the phone's app. This doesn't work?

nickthorley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I know they are non removable because the antennas are in the strap. However if lg sold replacements then are they user replaceable in that sense or would it be a return to lg repair?

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I know they are non removable because the antennas are in the strap. However if lg sold replacements then are they user replaceable in that sense or would it be a return to lg repair?
I know with the Urbane 2nd Edition you could buy a replacement leather band and kit that included a tiny screwdriver to replace it yourself. I haven't seen that yet for the Sport but it's still new and maybe they haven't started selling them yet, if they ever do.

nickthorley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I think its disapointing that the wireless charging isnt qi. As i have a qi pad I carry to charge my phone, being able to use the same for my watch would be perfect instead of having to buy multiple watch docs which commonly arent available at launch (if at all).

AdamRuby

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I think its disapointing that the wireless charging isnt qi. As i have a qi pad I carry to charge my phone, being able to use the same for my watch would be perfect instead of having to buy multiple watch docs which commonly arent available at launch (if at all).

Yes! Would love to find an extra charger (WCD-H100) to keep at my office... does anyone know of where to get one?

fury88

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
Have you or anyone run into the "Checking for Updates" infinite loop? I can't figure out how to get past this and to set it up with my Pixel XL. :mad:

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a lacking of apps that can be installed on the watch... is this because apps need to be AW 2.0 compatible? is there a way to search for compatible apps on a desktop instead of on the watch?

In order to install directly to the watch, the developer of the app would need to update their app so that it is compatible with AW 2.0 — that may take some time.

I'm having an issue where I'm not getting gmail notifications on the watch too. Is there a way to get them to show up? So far unimpressed.

Double check your app/notification preferences in the Android Wear app on your phone. They should come through by default.

Thx

WhatsApp may not have updated its app properly to run on the watch yet. I wouldn't expect that that would take long.

LG won't sell replacements ... because the bands aren't designed to be removed. If the bands are damaged, it would require LG (or someone knowledgable with the inner workings of the antennas) to do the swap.

If you think about how the Watch Sport is designed with its rigid bands and uneven back surface, it would be near-impossible to get the watch to place properly on a traditional Qi charger.

Google made a conscious decision to make the watch charge over a slightly different inductive charging method than Qi for this reason, among many others. Google constantly saw issues with people trying to charge their watches on Qi chargers that weren't designed for watches — this caused overheating, improper charging and general degradation of the batteries. In general, there was basically no upside of keeping the watch compatible with Qi.

Have you or anyone run into the "Checking for Updates" infinite loop? I can't figure out how to get past this and to set it up with my Pixel XL. :mad:

I have not heard of that issue unfortunately. Sounds like a reset may be in order?

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
The LG Urbane 2nd Edition has similar bands as the Sport, and a leather strap was sold to replace the Rubber/Silicon/PolyU ones. A member on Google+ did remove the bands and is a similar design. The bands "plug" into the watch via a little connector that is built into the strap.

Not difficult to remove, we should be "allowed" to replace them if needed.

rigo3030

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I bought the watch sport and took it to AT&T so that I can do number sync. Apparently it doesn't work on Pixel phones through AT&T because the Pixel isn't set up for VOLTE on their network. Anyone else having this issue?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Not difficult to remove, we should be "allowed" to replace them if needed.

Well there are screws on the side of the bands on the Watch Sport. You can remove them. But you shouldn't if you want your watch to work with all of its radio functions — which I assume you want if you bought a Watch Sport.

I bought the watch sport and took it to AT&T so that I can do number sync. Apparently it doesn't work on Pixel phones through AT&T because the Pixel isn't set up for VOLTE on their network. Anyone else having this issue?

Mentioned a couple times in this thread already.

mcragun

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had my LG Sport for a few days and love the idea of being able to take a call in a pinch on my phone. However, I'm finding that because it hooks up to my phone via Bluetooth, it likes to try and "steal" the call some of the time, even when I answer it on my phone. Also, when I have it linked via Bluetooth to my phone and I get in my Ford with SYNC, it won't connect to my car's bluetooth because for some reason only one device can be linked via Bluetooth at a time I'm guessing. I thought that was a problem 5 years ago but that all devices could connect to multiple bluetooth options. Has anyone had similar problems and found fixes?

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I've had my LG Sport for a few days and love the idea of being able to take a call in a pinch on my phone. However, I'm finding that because it hooks up to my phone via Bluetooth, it likes to try and "steal" the call some of the time, even when I answer it on my phone. Also, when I have it linked via Bluetooth to my phone and I get in my Ford with SYNC, it won't connect to my car's bluetooth because for some reason only one device can be linked via Bluetooth at a time I'm guessing. I thought that was a problem 5 years ago but that all devices could connect to multiple bluetooth options. Has anyone had similar problems and found fixes?

What phone are you using? It may not be the watch. Some phones (Pixels and maybe others) are having trouble with this with Nougat. Also, some phones allow you to select which bluetooth options are used by the watch in the bluetooth menu and you can deselect phone calls if you decide you do not want to use the watch for calls. That will probably help with the Ford SYNC. It sounds like you want to be able to take calls on the watch, however, so that may not be an option. Also, some phones do not show those options in the bluetooth menu for the watch.

robschertzer

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
You wrote: "Google hasn't provided the frequencies yet, but I can say that the U.S. model is designed specifically to run on Verizon and AT&T." It is actually two different versions, one for AT&T and one for Verizon. I bought the blue one from the Google Store and when I could not activate it on Verizon, I learned from Google support that Google is selling the GSM LTE version (AT&T) and you need to buy the CDMA LTE (Verizon) directly from Verizon. This was not noted anywhere in the Google Play Store, however they have offered me a refund if I return it.

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
You wrote: "Google hasn't provided the frequencies yet, but I can say that the U.S. model is designed specifically to run on Verizon and AT&T." It is actually two different versions, one for AT&T and one for Verizon. I bought the blue one from the Google Store and when I could not activate it on Verizon, I learned from Google support that Google is selling the GSM LTE version (AT&T) and you need to buy the CDMA LTE (Verizon) directly from Verizon. This was not noted anywhere in the Google Play Store, however they have offered me a refund if I return it.

I purchased my watch from AT&T and have this watch activated on my Verizon account, and connected to LTE on Verizon.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I purchased my watch from AT&T and have this watch activated on my Verizon account, and connected to LTE on Verizon.

I bought a blue one from Google and was able to get it activated with Verizon, my phone carrier. Mind you, I was able to get it activated after spending a lot of time (a) chatting with a Google tech, (b) chatting with a Verizon tech, (c) talking on the phone with a Verizon tech, (d) talking with 2 Verizon techs in a store, who said "sorry, you'll have to return it to Google and buy one from Verizon when it comes out in March", and (e) talking to a Verizon general manager at another store, who was determined to figure it out....and did.

Bottom line: I was given a lot of false information from people who should know better, so whatever people tell you, take it with a grain or two of salt.

nellush88

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Project FI customer. Walked into an AT&T store to pick up the last LGWS they had in stock. They told me I could not purchase the watch without an active account with AT&T because they needed to assign the IMEI to an account number in order to sell the watch. Anyone have this issue or know if they can sell w/o an active AT&T account? Seemed strange they would turn down a full price purchase because I'm not a customer. Maybe an agreement with Google or...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678