I have problems with my android phone uploading duplicate photos to DropBox. How can I fix this?

astersrule

Aug 2, 2019
Visit site
I have a Moto Z2 Play phone with Verizon. I just took 9 photos with it. I selected the 9 and told the phone to share with my Dropbox. What I ended up with in Dropbox is 18 photos - the original 9 were duplicated. (Not using an SD card.)

Each pair of duplicates has exactly the same file size and meta data that I can get Windows 10 to show. One set of 9 photos is named with the following format: 2019-08-02 11.01.05.jpg. Its duplicate is named with this: IMG_20190802_110105496_HDR.jpg. I have no idea which is the "original".

This duplicating happens consistently and is a pure nuisance. I keep seeing references to 3rd party apps being the problem. I have backup and sync with Google turned off but could it be the source of this problem anyway? What other 3rd party apps most likely to be a problem? It's not like I have a lot of apps installed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
HDR is the problem. It saves two files to process the HDR portion (which as you can see is why you have one HDR file as the duplicate). I believe that if you sync Dropbox to your camera folder the duplicates don't happen (but I might be wrong, haven't used Dropbox in forever).

astersrule

Aug 2, 2019
Visit site
So, the duplicates are actually on the phone? Why don't they all show on the phone so I can know they exist? And how can the HDR photos be any different from the other ones if all the metadata is the same?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty