I have the Samsung S8, when ever I'm on Instagram videos will not play. Why is that?

A

AC Question

I've had my phone for 1 week now and I thought maybe I just need to update the system but after downloading the system and the Instagram update videos still won't play. NO videos, not even live. It's very annoying and this issue needs to be fixed

xshannyshy

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Exact same problem for me with my s8. I have no problem on my s5. I tried everything online, clearing cache and data, uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing has worked. Bummer because of all the social media I use IG the most.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Seems like a common theme online. Know that power saving mode only really allows essential apps to work fully. So things like messaging and phone will work fully but other apps like Instagram will not fully work properly. It is why you put power saving mode on, to save well, power. Get out of power saving mode and then try the app. Odds are it's power saving mode, saving you power. If you are not in power saving mode then that is odd. I tested Instagram just now and uninstalled and installed the app with no issues. Even checked settings in the app, there really are no settings.

Only other thing I can think of is what connections you all are using. Is it wifi with a weak signal? Is it phone data with a weak signal? If in data mode try wifi.

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem with my S8 but I solved it by tapping
Settings- Apps - Instagram - Permissions-All permissions (under three dots top right corner)-receive data from internet. And voila!

GalaxyS8hate

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
I've had my phone for 1 week now and I thought maybe I just need to update the system but after downloading the system and the Instagram update videos still won't play. NO videos, not even live. It's very annoying and this issue needs to be fixed

Same thing happening to me on my S8... This phone is way too expensive for stupid irritating problems like this. Anyone have a fix yet? Tried everything.

gwizboiii

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
No, my s6 is doing it too, and I have my phone set to never turn battery saver on. It's not battery saver. I uninstalled, reinstalled. Nothing works. :/

Jackhklee

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issue, but I have a sorta decent solution that works 97% of the time.. When going to watch a video, be patient and wait for the video to load, then click on it so sound comes out... Works for me that way. (also rate Instagram 1-3 stars in Google play and say how video aren't working for galaxy s8)- That should hopefully get their attention.