I just can't figure out how to reap the benefits of my new Nexus 4

nevered

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not technologically clueless. But I've never owned a smartphone before.

I need a tutorial. I need to figure out how to shop for aps, how to download them, find out where things are housed on here, and every
other beneficial function of a smartphone. I am lost.

I can figure out how to do a google search and how to make a call and that's largely it.

I don't even know how to send a photo after I've taken it.

This is supposed to be a robust and powerful phone. Is there a good tutorial that starts from the beginning that can teach me about the potency of this
phone?

Thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not technologically clueless. But I've never owned a smartphone before.

I need a tutorial. I need to figure out how to shop for aps, how to download them, find out where things are housed on here, and every
other beneficial function of a smartphone. I am lost.

I can figure out how to do a google search and how to make a call and that's largely it.

I don't even know how to send a photo after I've taken it.

This is supposed to be a robust and powerful phone. Is there a good tutorial that starts from the beginning that can teach me about the potency of this
phone?

Thanks!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/

This is a great resource.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The phone is powerful yes, if you're familiar with computers think of a laptop with a quad core processor and 2gb of ram, thats put into a mobile.. which I guess for every day functionality is decent and there wouldn't be an app currently which would make it overly struggle. First of all I will say you will not learn everything at once, we're all still learning.

Secondly for starting off, you can download applications on the Google Play which is in menu top right corner as a handbag and an arrow like a play button in it.
Once its opened you can search what you're looking for E.g If I want a more advanced calculator i will click the magnifying glass button to search - type advanced calculator - click apps (or books if you want a book) and flick through till you find one you want. Then you click on it and press the install button and download - it will then install and download itself.

Here a basic guide.
Android 4.0: The ultimate guide (plus cheat sheet) - Computerworld

if you have any specific questions feel free to ask. I know its a pain like learning windows again but soon I believe you will get the hang of it.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
One frustration factor for me was sending pictures. I find that its hit or miss. When I had my lumia 710, I would take a picture, fire and forget. It would always, reliably get the the recipient. On my n4, well, I have to constantly go back to the text thread and make sure it sent. I often get that sending...sending...sending. Ah how annoying that is. I find I have to delete the picture and try sending it again. I've troubleshooted this thing to no end. I had to RMA my other n4 due to this issue as well. Some will argue its my carrier that's responsible. I've been with T-Mobile a long long time. Never had this issue until I got the n4.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
One frustration factor for me was sending pictures. I find that its hit or miss. When I had my lumia 710, I would take a picture, fire and forget. It would always, reliably get the the recipient. On my n4, well, I have to constantly go back to the text thread and make sure it sent. I often get that sending...sending...sending. Ah how annoying that is. I find I have to delete the picture and try sending it again. I've troubleshooted this thing to no end. I had to RMA my other n4 due to this issue as well. Some will argue its my carrier that's responsible. I've been with T-Mobile a long long time. Never had this issue until I got the n4.

If you have an app that turns off data when the screen goes off, that would cause this to happen. If you have a power saving app, they typically offer this kind of feature.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Asking for a beginning to end tutorial for how to use a smart phone is asking for too much. It's the same as asking for complete tutorial on how to use a PC. There are too many things that can be done (many of which are of no interest to some, and of great interest to others), and a small PC is exactly what your phone is. There is also no need for a specific N4 tutorial. Outside of some minor differences in what your home screens might look like, based on the way a few of the manufactures might add a few small features, all Android phones are basically the same in the way they function.

When I migrated from Blackberry to Android, the most helpful tool I found was YouTube. Go there and search for things like "android basics," "how to use my android phone," "best android apps." For me, watching videos of how to do stuff was the quickest way to learn. You can also search YouTube for videos on how to use specific apps that interest you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shellycharls9