I loled - Why iPhone is better than the HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Better? :)

You think the 15 inch retina MBP is a premium product. I think my Samsung Chronos Series 7 is a premium product. My schlong wrapped in bacon is a premium product. But what I think is premium you may not and vise versa. Premium is what "YOU" think of it cause if you didn't, you wouldn't use it.

It is more because at the time nobody had a Retina Display laptop and I think there still isn't a 15 inch one out on the market. Would you consider something Unique that nobody else offers premium?

I don't know if they do this now, but Alienware years ago were the only ones who offered laptops with SLI dual video cards, I thought of them as a premium laptop. Other competitors came around but it took time. Same thing with the first generation of Razer branded mice. Friends were like thinking I was crazy because I was willing to pay 90 dollars back at the time for a mouse that had more accuracy and dpi than their mouse for Quake.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It is more because at the time nobody had a Retina Display laptop and I think there still isn't a 15 inch one out on the market. Would you consider something Unique that nobody else offers premium?

I don't know if they do this now, but Alienware years ago were the only ones who offered laptops with SLI dual video cards, I thought of them as a premium laptop. Other competitors came around but it took time. Same thing with the first generation of Razer branded mice. Friends were like thinking I was crazy because I was willing to pay 90 dollars back at the time for a mouse that had more accuracy and dpi than their mouse for Quake.

I consider something that is unique (different) as....unique and different. Somebody has always invented, manufactured, and produced for the masses something different and unique. Otherwise humanity wouldn't have what it has today. TVs, radios, PC's, cars, and etc. All of these were a "first" but it didn't make them premium. It simply made them....unique. Let me ask, do you think the pebble smart watch is premium? I don't. When Apple releases theirs, will it be premium? Even though it's not a first? And only because you have to mortgage your home and sell your first born to buy it? Just because it costs more doesn't make it any more "premium" than anything else. It's what "YOU" think of it is what makes it premium.

Yeah, I bought the first MS laser gaming mouse, the one with the changeable dpi on the fly with the LCD display. It also has weights and a case that serves as a weight for your cord. I bought it for Battlefield 2142 that I seriously got into and my wife thought I was nuts for buying it for 70 bucks. Did I think it was premium? No. My old cordless Logitech (bless her soul) I thought was much more comfortable to use. But the MS mouse was awesome for sniping!

OH and....They have proved that Premium unleaded gasoline is no better than mid or regular. Just that some vehicles "prefer" premium because of the components the manufacturer used for parts to quell knocking and other anomalies. But for most vehicles, the cheaper regular unleaded does just fine. Using Premium in my 2001 Tundra does nothing as compared to regular!

Last edited:

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I consider something that is unique (different) as....unique and different. Somebody has always invented, manufactured, and produced for the masses something different and unique. Otherwise humanity wouldn't have what it has today. TVs, radios, PC's, cars, and etc. All of these were a "first" but it didn't make them premium. It simply made them....unique. Let me ask, do you think the pebble smart watch is premium? I don't. When Apple releases theirs, will it be premium? Even though it's not a first? And only because you have to mortgage your home and sell your first born to buy it? Just because it costs more doesn't make it any more "premium" than anything else. It's what "YOU" think of it is what makes it premium.

Yeah, I bought the first MS laser gaming mouse, the one with the changeable dpi on the fly with the LCD display. It also has weights and a case that serves as a weight for your cord. I bought it for Battlefield 2142 that I seriously got into and my wife thought I was nuts for buying it for 70 bucks. Did I think it was premium? No. My old cordless Logitech (bless her soul) I thought was much more comfortable to use. But the MS mouse was awesome for sniping!

I understand your point on perspective, but it goes back to that point. HTC One is considered a premium device because the materials used. To you is it a premium phone? and if yes, why?

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I wasn't counting trade-ins. I was curious, though, as the death of the American middle class is going to have a significant impact on smartphone usage in the years ahead.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

OH and....They have proved that Premium unleaded gasoline is no better than mid or regular. Just that some vehicles "prefer" premium because of the components the manufacturer used for parts to quell knocking and other anomalies. But for most vehicles, the cheaper regular unleaded does just fine. Using Premium in my 2001 Tundra does nothing as compared to regular!

Sorry. Gonna interject here, but how do know that the iWatch will be very expensive?

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I understand your point on perspective, but it goes back to that point. HTC One is considered a premium device because the materials used. To you is it a premium phone? and if yes, why?

It's considered a premium device because the media and tech sites proclaim it to be because of the materials used. Some don't like aluminum phones. Some do. Some don't like plastic but some do. It's all in how YOU perceive what is premium. I think the ONE is a great device from it's OS to materials used. Premium? No. I stated before, I think of nothing as premium. Because I find the S4 and....ahem...the iphone to be great devices as well with all of them having its own unique features. I like apple products, I just don't like apple inc.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry. Gonna interject here, but how do know that the iWatch will be very expensive?

Because it's Apple. Need I say more? Their history says it all. I think though, it will be on par with Galaxy Gear (in the 300 to 350 price range) which I think is ridiculously overpriced.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Because it's Apple. Need I say more? Their history says it all. I think though, it will be on par with Galaxy Gear (in the 300 to 350 price range) which I think is ridiculously overpriced.

So just because it's Apple its bound to be expensive? There were rumours of the iPad being 1000 dollars and it was 500....

Looks like history was wrong.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
So just because it's Apple its bound to be expensive? There were rumours of the iPad being 1000 dollars and it was 500....

Looks like history was wrong.

No. The market made a mistake. The ipad, ipad mini, ipod (all variants) and most laptops are all more expensive than their counterparts. Are they not? Don't give me the BS that it's because they are "premium". It's because that is what people are willing to pay for an Apple product and they know it. Look at the 5c. It's the "cheaper" 5s. No it's not. It's a 5 put in colored plastic but sells for the same price as the 5. I will give that the iphone sells (subsidized) at the same price as most other phones. The iwatch will not be less expensive than the GG. The same and maybe a little more. I think though the GG is fugly at best.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Apple, just like HTC is in this for the money. Customers are meaningless except on their ability to pay that money noth short and long term. Whatever is gonna get them the most money in the short and long run will be on their radar. Do these companies really seem deserving of the loyalty some want to give them?

There are folks that are just as excited about the 5s as some are about the Note 3.

S IV

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
keep the box or not, be it pretty or not - the point is that you don't chose a $600 phone over a box. if the box is nice its a bonus but certainly not a deciding factor.

additionally, a serious blogger who knows what they are talking about will hardly bash a product because of the box it came in; or chose another one instead.

THAT is the point.

There is nothing wrong with the HTC One packaging. Granted, it doesnt look as sturdy as the iphone box, but i don't have to look at or hold the box every day.

Totally agree with that in fact I found the packaging of it to be great.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
No. The market made a mistake. The ipad, ipad mini, ipod (all variants) and most laptops are all more expensive than their counterparts. Are they not? Don't give me the BS that it's because they are "premium". It's because that is what people are willing to pay for an Apple product and they know it. Look at the 5c. It's the "cheaper" 5s. No it's not. It's a 5 put in colored plastic but sells for the same price as the 5. I will give that the iphone sells (subsidized) at the same price as most other phones. The iwatch will not be less expensive than the GG. The same and maybe a little more. I think though the GG is fugly at best.

What if it is cheaper then the GG? Then what will you do? I'm gonna say it's gonna be cheaper, that's what I think.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I wasn't counting trade-ins. I was curious, though, as the death of the American middle class is going to have a significant impact on smartphone usage in the years ahead.

As time goes by, the cheapest phones will be more than sufficient. Right you can get an i3 laptop, with 4gbs of ram, 15 inch screen for around 350 dollars new. That is more than acceptable performance for the majority of people. The same will happen with low end smart phones. It will play games, do facebook, email, at a good enough level. In some ways we are already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.