I love Samsung Pay

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I would definitely use Samsung pay if my bank supported it, but I can only use Android pay just now until it does.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I tried to give Samsung Pay another go after getting my Note 8 but Android Pay is so much simpler and quicker in my opinion so it was deleted again after a day. With Android Pay you simply tap the power button once to wake the phone then tap the phone on the terminal and done. Samsung Pay needs you to wake the phone, swipe open the app from the bottom, press the finger print sensor then tap to pay. There's no competition really

Boosted Veteran

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I tried to give Samsung Pay another go after getting my Note 8 but Android Pay is so much simpler and quicker in my opinion so it was deleted again after a day. With Android Pay you simply tap the power button once to wake the phone then tap the phone on the terminal and done. Samsung Pay needs you to wake the phone, swipe open the app from the bottom, press the finger print sensor then tap to pay. There's no competition really

Yeah well with samsung pay i can pay at any terminal, android pay has to be one that has NFC(which are few and far between in alot of areas, especially mine). And honestly those couple steps take no time to achieve and you get rewards for using Samsung.

So android pay is really no competition for samsung pay in my book, get rewards and can use it anywhere. Ill stick with Samsung.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah well with samsung pay i can pay at any terminal, android pay has to be one that has NFC(which are few and far between in alot of areas, especially mine). And honestly those couple steps take no time to achieve and you get rewards for using Samsung.

So android pay is really no competition for samsung pay in my book, get rewards and can use it anywhere. Ill stick with Samsung.

I'm guessing you're in North America where MST is still used a lot? Here in Europe it was phased out around 10 years ago and we have NFC terminals absolutely everywhere.
I can still see the appeal an advantages for you guys but NFC has to catch up there some day

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
You don't need to wake the phone with Samsung pay. There's a setting where you can simply swipe up on a locked screen and the credit card appears . Then just use the fingerprint sensor and tap.

Boosted Veteran

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm guessing you're in North America where MST is still used a lot? Here in Europe it was phased out around 10 years ago and we have NFC terminals absolutely everywhere.
I can still see the appeal an advantages for you guys but NFC has to catch up there some day

Even if i was over there id still be using samsung for the reward points.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to wake the phone with Samsung pay. There's a setting where you can simply swipe up on a locked screen and the credit card appears . Then just use the fingerprint sensor and tap.

Yeah but how do you get to the lockscreen to swipe up if you don't wake the phone first? When I say wake the phone I don't mean unlock it but just activate it. So it lights up.

With Samsung Pay, the minimum amount of things you press before tapping to pay is 3. With Android Pay its only 1.
I'm certainly not here it try and sway people to Android Pay over Samsung Pay. I totally get that in North America the old fashioned MST is still popular so Samsung Pay has a wider reach over there. But for much of the rest of the world I really don't see any benefit at all.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
how are you using Android pay without either a fingerprint, iris or pin/password? it is required on my note 8 no matter if it's Android or Samsung pay. and it it wasn't I would still require it in case it got stolen.
with s-pay it's swipe up from lock screen, fingerprint, tap.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
how are you using Android pay without either a fingerprint, iris or pin/password? it is required on my note 8 no matter if it's Android or Samsung pay. and it it wasn't I would still require it in case it got stolen.

I'm not sure? It might be because I'm using Smart Unlock on my Note 8 with Trusted Devices (ZenWatch 2)?
Even if I wasn't using that though I could simply place my finger on the season to unlock and wake my phone in one go then tap to pay. Samsung Pay requires me to use a Fingerprint etc everytime I go to pay whether the phone is already unlocked or not.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Actually, you can swipe up from the AOD and your Samsung Pay credit card will pop up into place. You don't need to even get to the lock screen to unlock it.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
sorry, I meant aod.
still requires a fp to use s-pay even with smart lock. seems like a bad idea to allow it.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Actually, you can swipe up from the AOD and your Samsung Pay credit card will pop up into place. You don't need to even get to the lock screen to unlock it.

Yes, you can bring up Samsung Pay without unlocking the phone. However, you still need to use any of the authentication methods to use it, either PIN, password, iris, finger print, or facial recognition. I know, because I don't have it enabled on my home screen, just lock screen and screen off. That way, I don't accidentally bring up Samsung Pay when I swipe from the bottom to bring up my home button. I still need to use either my PIN, iris, or fingerprint to USE Samsung Pay even if my phone is locked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia