I love you guys but I am out

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The gs3 runs great, yeah, it isn't a perfect phone, but there are fixes for most problems. I have a blue gs3 16gb as well, and keeping my (2) Rezound as well. To be honest, I haven't found much fault with the Rezound either, but the gs3 has a substantially larger screen, though, imo, not as good as the Rezound.

It is a 16 in blue.

I am buying it from a guy at my second job who hates it. He says it has issues but he won't take the time to fix them. I am keeping my rez and my data out of the deal since I am buying it outright.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am actually not as excited as I once was to get the sgs. The rez is great and with the ril cracked there are no limits. The locked bootloader is a bummer too.

That being said, the deal is too good to pass up. I am buying it from a guy with more money than brains so the deal is great.

I am guessing I am gonna carry it for a week then sell it for three times what I paid. I am hoping it wins me over.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung will sell a gs3 with an unlocked bootloader at the same unsubsidized price as the standard version, but it won't be offered on contract . I wasn't too excited about the gs3 either, but the battery life is better, it ie lighter, and has a larger screen. Honestly, if it wasn't for verizon canning unlimited data plan for subsidized phones then I probably would not have gotten one.

I am actually not as excited as I once was to get the sgs. The rez is great and with the ril cracked there are no limits. The locked bootloader is a bummer too.

That being said, the deal is too good to pass up. I am buying it from a guy with more money than brains so the deal is great.

I am guessing I am gonna carry it for a week then sell it for three times what I paid. I am hoping it wins me over.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Dp I guess I do not understand. They will sell it for 249 off contract?

The no contract pricing for the verizon gs3 16gb is $600 straight from verizon. It is the same price for the unlocked gs3 from Samsung. Verizon offers a subsidized 2 year contract pricing of $200 for the GSIII. Samsung does not give you a subsidized 2 year contract pricing option on the unlocked gs3.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Grats on the new phone, piizzadude... it's a good looking beast.

my next phone (for now anyway, things change every 3 days)
1. HTC's upcoming quad-core, 2gb RAM, 5" screen
2. Galaxy Note 2 (if it lands on VZW... guess we'll know in 2 weeks)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The no contract pricing for the verizon gs3 16gb is $600 straight from verizon. It is the same price for the unlocked gs3 from Samsung. Verizon offers a subsidized 2 year contract pricing of $200 for the GSIII. Samsung does not give you a subsidized 2 year contract pricing option on the unlocked gs3.

right...gotcha..multitasking failed me there but now that I am at home rereading, it akes sense

Grats on the new phone, piizzadude... it's a good looking beast.

my next phone (for now anyway, things change every 3 days)
1. HTC's upcoming quad-core, 2gb RAM, 5" screen
2. Galaxy Note 2 (if it lands on VZW... guess we'll know in 2 weeks)

we are still leaving to go to sprint in the fall so I a waiting to see what the Nexus will be like. If they do like they did with the last one, the note 2 is looking good....

wythme2

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Talked the wife into letting me get an sgsIII... BUT... I Am keeping the rezound as a backup... I will be around

Yea so happy!!!! Now I can get some help with my sg3!!!! So very different, from my beloved rezound and still don't feel comfortable with the ui. I wish i old have sense on it.lol

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I would get the gs3 solely for the flip case that thing is freakin sweet.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Good luck. I had an sgiii and returned it. Huge fan of HTC and it just didn't measure up. Felt light and cheap, camera sucked, and the ui was not great.

enjoy it....let us know ur thoughts.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Good luck. I had an sgiii and returned it. Huge fan of HTC and it just didn't measure up. Felt light and cheap, camera sucked, and the ui was not great.

enjoy it....let us know ur thoughts.

As mad as I was, and still resentful, of both HTC and Verizon for not being upfront with Rezound owners regarding the ICS upgrade, I still like the HTC phone and hope there is a awesome HTC phone on the market when I am eligible for an update in Sept. 2013.

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Talked the wife into letting me get an sgsIII... BUT... I Am keeping the rezound as a backup... I will be around

Congrats, I too am leaving my rezound. It is truly a great phone. My friend is giving me his gnex for a great price and I want to try that out. But I will also keep my rezound as a backup as well as stay tuned to the rezound forums because you guys are a great bunch.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

ill give you 50$ on top of what you paid ;) lol

That locked bootloader is a real bummer though. Verizon pushing more and more away...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Funny you're on your way out...I may be on my way all the way in....lol.

I like the Rezound a lil more now with ICS. Still have issues here n there, but I might be willing to put more effort into making it work better.

That and my Droid 1 is probably ready for the grave, had it since 2010. Its stuck on 2.0.1....dont ask....lol. Was my alarm clock but too many issues using it as anything else....its a waste now. Might as well use a phone with a newer OS.

Good luck with the GS3. I might get one too.....gotta keep my family plan diverse. I do read good things about it vs. other Samsung phones so thats a good thing.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
All I read in the op was * I am betraying my own kind..blah blah blah..decided to join the android class of I-sheep..blah blah blah*

You'll come running back to the Rez..you'll get tired of waving that Galaxy around hoping to get a better signal. ;-) :D

Anyhoo..enjoy the new phone. Stick around, you know you can't stay away from us fun folk. Perhaps we'll have the same primary device again once the next Nexus shows its (hopefully) pretty face (meaning no physical buttons, tyvm)

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I too am leaving the Rezound, though it was one of the best phones I've owned. The fact that I could get the Gnex for $0.1, sell the Rezound for $181 and stop paying for the mobile hotspot made it a no brainer. That and the fact that the EVO4GLTE is my main phone and the Rezound was only acting as a hotspot for 4G.

The Gnex is a good phone even though reception is way worse and the screen is nowhere near the quality of the Rezound.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't suggest Sprint. Their coverage isn't yhr best and their customer service is horrible. The grass is not always greener on the other side. But I wish you well

sent from my Rezound

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't use Samsung phones. They aren't good in my area. I would dial and lose signal. Might be improved now but won't take the chance. I do tho have no issues with the tab. So my rezound and tab are a great team for me. 4.3 is perfect screen size for me.

Good luck!

sent from my Rezound

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29