I love you guys but I am out

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a gs3? The signal seems to be very close to my rezound and maxx. I get voice and data even in an underground concrete parking structure. Other people I know on other carriers get no signal.

I can't use Samsung phones. They aren't good in my area. I would dial and lose signal. Might be improved now but won't take the chance. I do tho have no issues with the tab. So my rezound and tab are a great team for me. 4.3 is perfect screen size for me.

Good luck!

sent from my Rezound

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I am out on the Rezound as well. Back to using the iPhone. Too many glitches with the Rezound, on my third one already.

Sent using Tapatalk

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't suggest Sprint. Their coverage isn't yhr best and their customer service is horrible. The grass is not always greener on the other side. But I wish you well

sent from my Rezound

Since I work for Sprint and got the phone + service for free, it wasn't much of a gamble. The GNex is still through Verizon, but is used for the hotspot only, or a back up in low battery situations.

JSE

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'd be interested in the reasons for coming back to the Rezound as well.

I just switched to the SIII yesterday after my Rezound bit the dust. I was in Vancouver and the battery died on me while on a ferry and never came back. Charged it over night, tried a new battery, took it to Verizon, various other tricks and it never came back. Wouldn't even try to boot up. So, I guess never let your Rezound battery die in Canada? :p

Anyway, Verizon offered a refurbed Rezound but I decided to change it up with the SIII.

So far, the phone is really nice but I can say without a doubt, the Rezound matched and even exceeded it in some areas. The Rez was just as fast, smoother in transitions, and IMO had a better, brighter and sharper screen. I also prefer Sense.

The SIII so far has a better battery (though I did just get it) and I like the size and thickness better than the Rezound. I thought the SIII would feel flimsy but it's seems to be pretty well built despite it's weight. I also thought the larger size would be an issue but the SIII is overall just a slight bit bigger than the Rez. The camera seems to be on par with the Rez but I have not really had a chance to test it out more in depth.

The biggest difference is the UI. I really like Sense but I'm sure I will get used to the Samsung UI. Just takes a little time.

I was also worried about the signal after reading all the bad stories about Samsung phones in general. I'm in the Seattle area and so far, I've been getting a strong 4G signall with no drops to 3G or 1x. Calls have been very clear and the people on the other end say I sound fine. In contrast, my Rez was constantly and randomly dropping to 1x. It was actually becoming quite irritating. The first 6 months with the Rez were fine with strong 3g/4g signals but all of a sudden the 1x drop kept happening. Seemed to be a common problem.

Anyway, I loved the Rezound but it's death provided me a opportunity for a change. So far, I have no regrets.

Reactions: ScottGeek

ScottGeek

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I still have a year on contract and I'm thinking my next phone I'll move to the SIII. My rezound has never failed me (other than having to keep a spare battery on heavy use days). And now that Rez has ICS it's even better for me. (Of course the very next day after the upgrade, I managed to put a deep scratch right in the middle of the screen :-\).

~ScottGeek

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I decided to try my 3rd Rezound and right away the data stopped working. Called VZW and my 4th rezound is on its way...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I still have a year on contract and I'm thinking my next phone I'll move to the SIII. My rezound has never failed me (other than having to keep a spare battery on heavy use days). And now that Rez has ICS it's even better for me. (Of course the very next day after the upgrade, I managed to put a deep scratch right in the middle of the screen :-\).

~ScottGeek

The s3 will be old news in a year,might wanna grab something newer

Sent from my Jelly Beanless,Iced up REZOUND.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Good luck. I had an sgiii and returned it. Huge fan of HTC and it just didn't measure up. Felt light and cheap, camera sucked, and the ui was not great.

enjoy it....let us know ur thoughts.

Wow, the camera sucks on the S3? You are entitled to your opinion but I can't agree with the camera sucking on the S3.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III.