I really want a Nexus 7 (2016/2017) model

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, please, my 2013 nexus 7 is getting long in the teeth, and I'll greatly miss it once it's gone. Other 7" tabs don't really get much better specs (in fact, many current 7" tabs are a downgrade compared to the 2013 N7, as they come with 1280x800 screens or even less), and they aren't substantially cheaper than what the N7 was either.

Sure, phones are getting bigger, but I feel that 5" is the highest I'm comfortable in a phone. Meanwhile, 7" is perfect to carry around, and even fits into large pants pockets.
I agree. I believe we should have news regarding a new Google tablet soon.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I believe we should have news regarding a new Google tablet soon.

I actually found this article just this evening about a possible Nexus 7 2016...

Has Huawei built a tablet for Google to be released in 2016? - Android Authority

Upon further investigation, i found many more articles about the exact same leak from Evan Blass Aka EVLeaks, who just reported at 5pm today that a new 7" Google tablet by Huwawei will be out by the end of year...

Apparently it's up in the air what branding this tablet will have: Huawei 7P, Nexus, Pixel and so on... But we may find out on Oct. 4th, the rumored date of Google's next big event! :)

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I actually found this article just this evening about a possible Nexus 7 2016...

Has Huawei built a tablet for Google to be released in 2016? - Android Authority

Upon further investigation, i found many more articles about the exact same leak from Evan Blass Aka EVLeaks, who just reported at 5pm today that a new 7" Google tablet by Huwawei will be out by the end of year...

Apparently it's up in the air what branding this tablet will have: Huawei 7P, Nexus, Pixel and so on... But we may find out on Oct. 4th, the rumored date of Google's next big event! :)

I just hope they don't go overboard with the price, but still, I'm getting a new tab for sure ;) I also hope it's compatible with wireless charging... I have a few Qi chargers at home. That, or that it comes with both a USB type C and a cable/adapter for usb type 2 chargers

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I just hope it looks more like a tablet than a big phone (like Samsung does). Really don't want a 7" Nexus 6P.

Me too. I would love a HTC made, high end, stereo from speakers and metal chassis 5 inch tops Google Pixel smartphone. Otherwise I'm keeping my HTC one m8, which I still enjoy almost as much as when I got it, 2 years ago.
Regarding the tablet, I have a 12 inch 1440p Chuwi Hi12 Tablet. That's a great size for a proper tablet in my opinion. But I believe Google will keep it small and more portable.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I just hope it looks more like a tablet than a big phone (like Samsung does). Really don't want a 7" Nexus 6P.

Me too. I would love a HTC made, high end, stereo from speakers and metal chassis 5 inch tops Google Pixel smartphone. Otherwise I'm keeping my HTC one m8, which I still enjoy almost as much as when I got it, 2 years ago.
Regarding the tablet, I have a 12 inch 1440p Chuwi Hi12 Tablet. That's a great size for a proper tablet in my opinion. But I believe Google will keep it small and more portable.

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

12" tablets are fine and dandy, but they're not portable in the same way as 7" ones are. I've owned both, and I used to look down on 7" tabs as lesser to larger ones, until I got one. I find that, for me, they have completely different uses. 7" tabs are for carrying around, to comfortably read websites/email/social media. They're like phones in that you don't do stuff that you could not also do on the phone, but the added real estate is greatly appreciated. 9" and above tablets on the other hand are much less portable, and while you can carry them around and use them everywhere, they're most often used when you're at least sitting down somewhere where people won't disturb you, like your comfortable sofa, or a coffee shop. They allow you do to things that are not really that doable with smaller tablets or phones.

This means that 7" tablets can look and function as large phones when it comes to UI and external looks, and still do their function. It's perfectly right, and they ARE expected to be used in almost the same way as phones.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
12" tablets are fine and dandy, but they're not portable in the same way as 7" ones are. I've owned both, and I used to look down on 7" tabs as lesser to larger ones, until I got one. I find that, for me, they have completely different uses. 7" tabs are for carrying around, to comfortably read websites/email/social media. They're like phones in that you don't do stuff that you could not also do on the phone, but the added real estate is greatly appreciated. 9" and above tablets on the other hand are much less portable, and while you can carry them around and use them everywhere, they're most often used when you're at least sitting down somewhere where people won't disturb you, like your comfortable sofa, or a coffee shop. They allow you do to things that are not really that doable with smaller tablets or phones.

This means that 7" tablets can look and function as large phones when it comes to UI and external looks, and still do their function. It's perfectly right, and they ARE expected to be used in almost the same way as phones.
But those 7 inch tablets don't normally have LTE, do you use your phone's mobile data? If you use it while your on wifi it's you're probably in a place where you can comfortably use a 12 inch tablet. This is my first tablet (I've won it in a contest) so I haven't really owned a smaller one but to watch movies in a hotel room (I'm at one at this price moment, watching Narcos Season 2)its better a bigger one, I believe.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm so buying this but boy is this going to be expensive.

That is what I'm worried about. I love my Nexus 7 2013, but it is time to move on. If a new Nexus tablet is released, I'll probably get it if it isn't bigger than 8". I'm actually a huge fan of the iPad Mini, but its price is a stickler. If the rumored Nexus tablet comes to fruition but is iPad Mini priced, I'll probably pass.

Beedog1221

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
That is what I'm worried about. I love my Nexus 7 2013, but it is time to move on. If a new Nexus tablet is released, I'll probably get it if it isn't bigger than 8". I'm actually a huge fan of the iPad Mini, but its price is a stickler. If the rumored Nexus tablet comes to fruition but is iPad Mini priced, I'll probably pass.
I sold my Nexus 7 for the nexus 9 when it came out but software issues have made me regret this alot. I would really like to come back to a 7 inch form and if it functions as amazing as my Nexus 6p, I'll be happy

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm so buying this but boy is this going to be expensive.

I was thinking along similar lines... If the specs are true, it will be expensive... How expensive? We can only guess at this point but provided the specs are accurate and the reviews are positive, I would probably pay up to around $400 for this, maybe even $500. But my hope is that it's more like $300. I'm still using my 2013 to this day. And it's still in pristine condition too... I had the N9 but sold it. My thinking is that if a tablet is going to last a couple years and has killer specs like these, it's worth it to go all out and just splurge on it. I'll be saving my pennies starting yesterday!!

Beedog1221

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking along similar lines... If the specs are true, it will be expensive... How expensive? We can only guess at this point but provided the specs are accurate and the reviews are positive, I would probably pay up to around $400 for this, maybe even $500. But my hope is that it's more like $300. I'm still using my 2013 to this day. And it's still in pristine condition too... I had the N9 but sold it. My thinking is that if a tablet is going to last a couple years and has killer specs like these, it's worth it to go all out and just splurge on it. I'll be saving my pennies starting yesterday!!

I agree. I would hold on to my n9 if the software issues weren't so bad. Plus having 64gb will make this a media powerhouse.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Nexus 7 for the nexus 9 when it came out but software issues have made me regret this alot. I would really like to come back to a 7 inch form and if it functions as amazing as my Nexus 6p, I'll be happy
Hasn't the software improved it's performance and smoothness over time?

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

It sounds like we have similar devices! I have a Nexus 7 (2013), a Nexus 9 LTE, and a Nexus 6P. I'm not all that impressed with the Nexus 9. I'm still waiting for Nougat to see how it gets on with that.

Beedog1221

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like we have similar devices! I have a Nexus 7 (2013), a Nexus 9 LTE, and a Nexus 6P. I'm not all that impressed with the Nexus 9. I'm still waiting for Nougat to see how it gets on with that.
Not much change at all. Multi window is cool but it still has memory leaks. Nougat on my 6p is great though. I'm more than ready for a new tablet even though all I do is read books and watch movies on it.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If Huawei & Google put together a 7" phablet that I can use Duo on, I'm in. If they skimp on the radios, then they can take a deep breath and cram that, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid