I think I found Samsung Cloud on the Verizon Note 7

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I understand but where can I backup videos and pictures? It is not an option in the backup screen
Google has a free cloud service of 15 gigs. You have to sign up and get a gmail address but its free. There's lots of cloud services out there. But check out Google's.

Peace. Alan

wcupk

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Google has a free cloud service of 15 gigs. You have to sign up and get a gmail address but its free. There's lots of cloud services out there. But check out Google's.

Peace. Alan

So you are saying that the samsung cloud can not backup photos and videos on verizon?

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
So you are saying that the samsung cloud can not backup photos and videos on verizon?

That's been my finding as well. If you look at screenshots of Samsung Cloud on other carriers you will see you can backup Gallery which includes photos and videos.

On Verizon they're purposely blocking letting us use Samsung Cloud and we're only able to access it using a workaround that the average user wouldn't know how to use. I think it's possible that Verizon was able to turn off some functionality but couldn't completely disable it hence how we found it in the first place.

It's frustrating but doesn't look like we'll be able to get full functionality on Verizon. There are lots of other options out there for photo and video backup at least. I use Dropbox but Google offers a service and many others do too.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm saying if you want any more answers, I don't have them. I've googled around, gone to Samsung, found out what I could here and the bottom line is that even though Verizon blocks us from using Samsung there's a hack/app named "Quick Shortcut Maker" at the Google Play Store that allows you to create shortcuts to Samsung for Backups and Restores. I and others here have done it and that part works. That's all I got. I can't search or google no more to find out anything else. I want access to the Samsung Cloud as bad as you do, but for now, I gotta just give it a rest and walk away from it. :(

Sorry. Peace. Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
That's been my finding as well. If you look at screenshots of Samsung Cloud on other carriers you will see you can backup Gallery which includes photos and videos.

On Verizon they're purposely blocking letting us use Samsung Cloud and we're only able to access it using a workaround that the average user wouldn't know how to use. I think it's possible that Verizon was able to turn off some functionality but couldn't completely disable it hence how we found it in the first place.

It's frustrating but doesn't look like we'll be able to get full functionality on Verizon. There are lots of other options out there for photo and video backup at least. I use Dropbox but Google offers a service and many others do too.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, vmmatty. I've been tryin' and tryin'........

Peace. Alan :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Peace. Alan
Google offers unlimited high quality pictures (up to 16mp)and videos. If you want to backup original quality then you are limited by your Google drive data bucket

G6400

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Actually Samsung cloud is working already with photos, I have sharing options showing up for pictures in a form of Samsung cloud, one can upload and share the link etc...

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Whether you can or not (most likely not), use Google Photos. It's a fantastic app that offers unlimited free cloud backup for high quality storage up to 16 mb photos. The app has fantastic search, and organization abilities. It is Google's best app IMO.

G6400

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes
Go to some picture and press sharing shortcut and link sharing will appear with other options. But I don't think it was there before. I also went through some settings, may be after I first clicked the link sharing. ?

wcupk

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes
Go to some picture and press sharing shortcut and link sharing will appear with other options. But I don't think it was there before. I also went through some settings, may be after I first clicked the link sharing. ?

i did that and i see what you mean but this does not look like samsung cloud this looks like something called link sharing

kadinldg

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. Then i read on XDA that if you have any apps disabled you to enable them, reboot your phone and then do the backup of apps. It worked perfectly for me. To bad we have to disable, enable and disable for this process to work.

kadinldg

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
[QUOTE=Monique King

I had the same problem. Then i read on XDA that if you have any apps disabled you to enable them, reboot your phone and then do the backup of apps. It worked perfectly for me. To bad we have to disable, enable and disable for this process to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001