I think I like my Icon X better than Galaxy Buds

humer91

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Pros of the Icon X over the Galaxy Buds
-swipe gestures for volume
-long press opens menu for voice assistant, ambient sound, etc...
-integration with samsung health

Cons
-Icon X are larger
-no wireless charging

I am going to make an effort to give the Galaxy Buds a fair shot but if they dont impress me more than they have after a short day of use, I see myself going back to my Icon X 2018s

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

Cons
-Icon X are larger
-no wireless charging

I am going to make an effort to give the Galaxy Buds a fair shot but if they dont impress me more than they have after a short day of use, I see myself going back to my Icon X 2018s

Seeing as how I am replacing my warranty replacement iconx, I hope that they do better with the buds.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Cons
-Icon X are larger
-no wireless charging

I have the IconX and really like these features too:

My assumption is that the Galaxy Buds would would work the same way. Are you saying they don't???

Wolfpack_Lamb

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the IconX and really like these features too:

My assumption is that the Galaxy Buds would would work the same way. Are you saying they don't???

There is no swipe option for volume on the Galaxy Buds. You can customize the long press to be volume up on the right and volume down on the left but then you lose the ability to make a long press the assistant or ambient sound control. Maybe this is something they can update in the future update though I don't know what/if there is a hardware difference that allows the detection of a swipe.

Wolfpack_Lamb

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
All I care about is actual sound comparison.

I have never used the Iconx so I can't compare to those but I had a cheap pair of MPOW Swifts as well as the Zolo Liberty+ and the sound in the Galaxy Buds is soo much better. I think a big part of improved sound with in ear headphones is how well they fit. These fit me great and the size is so much better than the other 2 I am comparing to. Love the ability to bump the case charge with my phone too.

peaster3

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was VERY disappointed with the IconX(2018) buds. I replaced them four times since release because the left earbud would die after a month or two. I finally gave up and have been using my AirPods with my Note 9 (now S10+). It's a well documented issue and I was disappointed that Samsung never fixed the issue.

So I am hopeful that the Galaxy Buds will be an improvement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45