Galaxy buds with promo right ear low volume

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Seems after the second use now my right ear on my galaxy buds is much lower in volume than my left. I've reset them, cleaned them even though they didnt need it, and talked to Samsung support which now escalated to tier 3 and waiting for an email. Seems this was a huge issue with the icon x ones and the problem now has shown up on my buds.

Anyone else notice this yet? Also started to get static and some drop outs while phone was in my pocket cutting the yard.

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Seems after the second use now my right ear on my galaxy buds is much lower in volume than my left. I've reset them, cleaned them even though they didnt need it, and talked to Samsung support which now escalated to tier 3 and waiting for an email. Seems this was a huge issue with the icon x ones and the problem now has shown up on my buds.

Anyone else notice this yet? Also started to get static and some drop outs while phone was in my pocket cutting the yard.

Had issue with 2018 Buds with left and it had to do with the Ambient sound setting...returned them for a new set and all is great now....

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Update: Samsung finally responded yesterday to send out replacements. They will send me a label after I receive the replacements to return the old ones. I am considering not even using them and just sell them to get a better quality pair of Bose or another brand. I did buy some Comply foam tips that seal it from getting anything into the speaker area of the headphones in case I change my mind. If not, the next owner will get those.

Groove, not that easy when it was a promo shipped with my phone. Have to work with Samsung for a replacement.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I've had no issues with mine. Nor did I have a issue with my iconx. Guess I got lucky. Luckily I have had this problem and I've used my buds a ton since getting them. I use them everyday.

iast8cyclones

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I got my son a pair. He had the problem with the left one not being as loud as the right. We returned the 1st pair for a new set and in a few weeks he was having the same problem again. I guess we'll return it for a 3rd pair. Please post here if you have any solutions.

jfracine

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I had my right bud with a low volume issue for a few days. Nothing worked. I let them discharge connected to my phone during the night. Problem was solved in the morning. I tried restart, uninstalling wearable app, resetting the buds, cursing against samsung quality control, nothing worked except that. Edit: did a search my buds test and problem is not completely solved but there is clearly an improvement. Must be some dirt on the inside of my right bud who's slowly dissolving.

Last edited:

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I KNEW IT! I knew that this was going to happen!

Just to give you an idea of what to expect from here.

If you get a warranty replacement, you can expect this exact same problem to occur on one of the earbuds within a few months.

When you attempt to get a warranty replacement replacement, well.... You might have better luck getting Jimmy Hoffa to help you find DB Cooper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkC1970