News I used to think I wanted an LTE smartwatch. Now I know better

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have health issues so I got the Samsung GW 6. It's been very helpful as i have Afib and High Blood Pressure. I also have a Kardia and. regular BP monitor to check against the watch. The watch is pretty accurate for me (surprisingly)

Reactions: BerryBubbles

mjd19891

May 26, 2024
Visit site
I just switched to an lte smartwatch after 11yrs using a Bluetooth version. The lte version makes it more convenient to use than my watch/phone combo while walking my dogs or exercising. To each his/her/their own get what works for you. There's room for all.

LordNikonX

May 11, 2024
Visit site
I clicked on this article, solely, because I'm planning on buying a pixel watch 2 with LTE, in the hopes that I don't have to purchase an LTE line on my phone at all. And, while it was informative to know that a carrier might only allow me to purchase LTE on the pixel watch 2 if it is being used as a second line, I'm hoping they will not. But, it was disappointing to read that you tested every watch EXCEPT the pixel watch 2. This is missing important information for someone, like myself.

CyKenja

May 26, 2024
Visit site
I've long had an LTE capable smart watch but never really configured it. In my last upgrade I opted for LTE again, although I didn't intend to use it, knowing that 911 calls are still possible ...

That said, after a long trip last year and realising I don't wanna be the sidewalk-accident-waiting-to-happen navigating by phone, I realised that with esims, I had some better options. Getting 1GB on my watch for a week or two when I expect to be moving about a lot, or traveling and want to keep my hands free became a no brainer. And the cost coming in at 6 bucks with most cheap esim plans that work well enough is something easy too. I probably use the esim 3-8 weeks out of the year with costs well under a hundred dollars.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't see a need for one myself. If someone does, that's cool. Where I would draw the line would be the only way to get a smartwatch is an LTE version.

xenomorf

May 28, 2024
Visit site
Here's how I use it and it works well: when out walking the dog/going to the beach etc, I leave the phone at home. When out, I perdiodically enable LTE for like 30 seconds - 1 minute, just to clear any notifications. If I'm in a bind and need to make a call, I can enable LTE to do so. You don't need LTE to use google pay, so it can stay off except to clear messages or in an emergency. I tell my wife that I will clear any messages on the hour and ar half past the hour, that way she knows when she will likely hear back from me.

It's a good system for my use cases.

christi_satire

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 LTE watches.. bought a Samsung LTE watch and 3 months later got a Pixel LTE Watch. What's the reason for this? I found out that the Pixel watch has no monthly fees* for LTE! (*I have Google Fi for my phone provider).
well this would have been useful research to include in the article

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3